Author Topic: Honda Service  (Read 1323 times)

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Honda Service
« on: June 05, 2019, 08:10:40 PM »
I have today had my Mk2 Jazz ( 11 plate Ex CVT) serviced at my local Honda dealer. My son has done it for the last two years when he had his garage business, before that it had a free one.
 It was the eight year service at 54K miles plus MoT so didn't need a lot, basically an eyeball job plus oil and filter and a pollen filter.
The rear brake discs and pads are nearing the end of their life but didn't appear as an advisory on the MoT much to my surprise.
I asked for a quote for the rear brakes to be sorted and was quoted £ 308.
The cost of the servicing including the MoT and the oil and filters was £265.
Incidentally, the oil level was spot-on.

Vic.

hemming

• Approved Member
Re: Honda Service
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 08:27:13 PM »
Thanks Vic - my Mk 2 cvt ex is a couple of years younger than yours with 27K on the clock. I moved away from a dealer about 2 years ago due to a very poor service problem. However, the independent garage I use charges exactly the same as you have just paid to the dealer. I was hopeful of saving a bit by the move but this does not seem to happen.
Do you reckon on keeping your Jazz for its useful lifetime? Since I'm into my late 70's it's looking increasingly likely that I will do so although it was not really my original intention. Other than a replacement fuel pump relay switch I've had no problems whatsoever to date.
All the best
Mike

chrisv

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 cvt jazz
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 12:57:32 PM »
Hi,
Honda quote £170 for the 12 service including oil and filter so your mot and pollen filter seems a bit dear,
Chris

chrisv

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 cvt jazz
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 12:59:55 PM »
Plus £75 for cvt oil?
Chris

VicW

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 06:33:32 PM »
Chrisv,
The MoT was £35 and the CVT oil was not due. I got quotes from two local independants and both wanted £150 labour plus the cost of oil, filters and the MoT so the price wasn't going to be a lot less than Honda's plus I got a Honda dealer stamp in the service record book if that is worth anything.

Vic.

VicW

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 07:05:42 PM »
Do you reckon on keeping your Jazz for its useful lifetime?
Mike
Hi Mike, I don't know. This is my fourth Jazz and I am thinking of going for a change. I keep coming back to what my son said when he was running a car and m/bike repair and MoT business. He said if he only looked after Honda products he couldn't make a living, they are so reliable.

Vic.

Tags: