Author Topic: WTO rules?  (Read 23645 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: WTO rules?
« Reply #600 on: March 16, 2019, 10:15:44 AM »
Anybody watching this thing on Channel 4 about chlorine washed chicken?
Yeah me.
My turn to say add on an hour and watch on Ch4+1
Item very short so approx 9:40 - 9:50

'CH4 station is now owned and operated by Channel Four Television Corporation, a public corporation of the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport'

in other words an arm of HM government propaganda machine, showing other such scientific programs as Big Brother..
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #601 on: March 16, 2019, 12:12:04 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/26/chicken-health-fear-chlorine-washing-fails-bacteria-tests-brexit-salmonella-listeria

https://www.southampton.ac.uk/news/2018/04/foodborne-illness-study.page

'CH4 station is now owned and operated by Channel Four Television Corporation, a public corporation of the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport'

in other words an arm of HM government propaganda machine, showing other such scientific programs as Big Brother..

Facts are chiels that winna ding.

zzaj

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 1.4 EX CVT Orchid White
« Reply #602 on: March 16, 2019, 12:37:17 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/26/chicken-health-fear-chlorine-washing-fails-bacteria-tests-brexit-salmonella-listeria

https://www.southampton.ac.uk/news/2018/04/foodborne-illness-study.page

Facts are chiels that winna ding.

What are facts?

Everyone took it as a fact that the earth was flat until someone pointed out it is actually round. >:(

To quote The Guardian in June 2012 :

"Facts are chiels that winna ding." When Labour members laughed at this impenetrable quote from Burns, Mr Gove denounced their party for their failure to increase foreign language skills. I don't imagine that Gove, who is Scottish by upbringing, actually means that 18th century Scots dialect should be taught in English schools, so I suppose he was joking, too. But these days, who can tell? Apparently what it means is "facts are fellows that cannot be overturned", not a view held by most politicians, who regard facts as chunks of Plasticene, to be moulded into whatever shape suits them best".

But then you really must not believe everything in press. I see that Ofcom are investigating the BBC for it's extreme bias over Brexit. Lord Spencer in the House of Lords was quite shocking in his analysis. You should read it in Hansard.

It is interesting to note also that the Government placed restrictions on media reporting of Brexit from mid December (in the interests of national security) after the first meaningful (less) vote stalled. Not many people know that. It wasn't reported! ;)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 12:39:45 PM by zzaj »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #603 on: March 16, 2019, 01:13:21 PM »
But then you really must not believe everything in press. I see that Ofcom are investigating the BBC for it's extreme bias over Brexit. Lord Spencer in the House of Lords was quite shocking in his analysis. You should read it in Hansard.

It is interesting to note also that the Government placed restrictions on media reporting of Brexit from mid December (in the interests of national security) after the first meaningful (less) vote stalled. Not many people know that. It wasn't reported! ;)

A fact only remains a fact until someone comes up with a better fact.

The BBC has long been known as the 'Biased Broadcasting Corporation' due to its Liberal / left bias - but our schools and universities exhibit the same L/L bias, ( as do Universities the world over ) - people object to 'faith schools' because they indoctrinate people from a young age,  but the L/L indoctrination goes under the radar (but this indoctrination may well explain why people who spend a longer time in the education system develop a L/L leaning themselves).

https://www.conservativehome.com/highlights/2018/12/a-cry-of-rage-against-the-bbc.html
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #604 on: March 16, 2019, 02:35:28 PM »
Chlorinated chicken is an abomination.
Ever day, thousands of Americans - sorry MILLIONS of Americans - eat it. And none of them die or are unwell from food poisoning, thus avoiding an opportunity to sue the vendors and become rich. :'( :'(

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2008 GE3 Jazz 1.4 i-DSI SE
« Reply #605 on: March 16, 2019, 03:59:54 PM »
Does this mean that our chlorine treated public water supply is no longer safe either ? I know water companies use intense UV light to kill bugs at pumping stations but once the water has left and is in the mains pipes the chlorine takes over.

If anyone has ever been in an African or Asian market and seen the chickens hanging up ( and other meat including fish, fruit bats and monkey) crawling with flies and cockroaches then you have to wonder why there are still people alive in those countries.

As I said earlier, free chlorine in drinking water is at minute levels compared to these chlorine washes.

I don't know if you have looked at the full study, it found that the high levels of chlorine forced certain bacteria into a viable but non-culturable state, in other words rendering it temporarily inactive and undetectable by normal testing. Once it begins to multiply again, it finds that all its competition has been eliminated.

If you have looked at the study and think all these studies are the contrivance of liberal/left wing indoctrination and all of the research faked, then there's not much I can say that will make a deal of difference.

As for hanging poultry and other meats in fresh air, that's how it always used to be stored before we had refrigerators, the surfaces dry out and become less hospitable to bacteria. You do have to keep the flies off it, not so much for the bacteria, but to prevent the meat getting blown. I've dressed shot birds and home reared poultry for years, and although I never really understood why, they always instruct you to never rinse out the birds once they have been drawn.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 04:01:51 PM by sparky Paul »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #606 on: March 16, 2019, 05:23:01 PM »
The remain faction really have latched onto chlorine chicken as another string to their project fear bow.  The USA is a very active country in the personal and class action area, and I am sure that if people were getting sick from their chicken the legal actions would have been pretty thick on the ground.   The Americans outed VW permission despite the fact that their dodgy practices had a blind eye turned to them in Europe ( lobby groups and Brown envelopes to legislators springs to mind ).

https://order-order.com/2017/07/28/george-monbiot-fowls-chlorine-chicken/

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2008 GE3 Jazz 1.4 i-DSI SE
« Reply #607 on: March 16, 2019, 07:14:17 PM »
The USA is a very active country in the personal and class action area, and I am sure that if people were getting sick from their chicken the legal actions would have been pretty thick on the ground.

I don't think the US has any particular problem with food poisoning. The bigger problem with chlorine washing is the masking of poor hygiene standards up the chain. Would you want to be eating substandard chicken meat that had been made fit for human consumption by chemical treatment? I certainly wouldn't.

I know the case I mentioned earlier was extreme, but it involved over 1,000 tonnes of chicken meat and was going on for 3 years before they were rumbled. Some people have no scruples where there's money to be made.

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #608 on: March 16, 2019, 07:53:19 PM »
The USA is a very active country in the personal and class action area, and I am sure that if people were getting sick from their chicken the legal actions would have been pretty thick on the ground.

I don't think the US has any particular problem with food poisoning. The bigger problem with chlorine washing is the masking of poor hygiene standards up the chain. Would you want to be eating substandard chicken meat that had been made fit for human consumption by chemical treatment? I certainly wouldn't.

I know the case I mentioned earlier was extreme, but it involved over 1,000 tonnes of chicken meat and was going on for 3 years before they were rumbled. Some people have no scruples where there's money to be made.

This report points to a larger percetage incidence of food poisoning in the US than UK and Europe.
https://www.sustainweb.org/news/feb18_us_foodpoisoning/

Although I noticed the mention of two outbreaks of food poisoning in Europe and UK after the publication of the research which might have mitigated the figures somewhat.

I also noticed this link while looking at the first:-

https://www.sustainweb.org/news/mar19_pm_must_provide_no_deal_brexit_food_hardship_fund/

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2017 Honda Jazz 1.3 SE CVT Tinted Silver
« Reply #609 on: March 16, 2019, 09:40:57 PM »
Oops! Just wondered in here by mistake - thought it was a motoring forum.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #610 on: March 17, 2019, 08:33:31 AM »
Oops! Just wondered in here by mistake - thought it was a motoring forum.

Don't worry it will all go quiet soon, Brexit is too important to ignore though,

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2006 GD5 Jazz 1.2 i-DSi S in Vivid Blue Pearl
« Reply #611 on: March 18, 2019, 02:22:06 PM »
I see that the British government produced fake news and fake evidence to present to journalists during the Cold War.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47571253

So nothing changed there then!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #612 on: March 18, 2019, 04:17:17 PM »
I see that the British government produced fake news and fake evidence to present to journalists during the Cold War.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47571253

So nothing changed there then!

BBC has long been the propaganda arm of the UK government / establishment with a distinct liberal / left bias- they work on the principle that if you repeat something often enough people absorb it and even though they may not believe it,  it nevertheless begins to take root as the truth.  UK may well be the only country that forces its citizens to pay a legally enforceable levy (dressed up as a licence fee) to an organisation that regularly pushes an agenda onto them. Any people within the BBC who want to tell people the truth are quickly weeded out and sacked - having said that there is still Andrew Neil,  but no one coming along to replace him.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 05:40:10 PM by culzean »

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2006 GD5 Jazz 1.2 i-DSi S in Vivid Blue Pearl
« Reply #613 on: March 19, 2019, 12:48:07 PM »
Just watched today's "Politics Live", and they discussed likelihood of a No Deal Brexit, now that Mr Speaker has shoved his ore in. There were 5 talking against it (including Jo Coburn) and only one talking for it. Typical BBC balance.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #614 on: March 19, 2019, 02:48:56 PM »
Just watched today's "Politics Live", and they discussed likelihood of a No Deal Brexit, now that Mr Speaker has shoved his ore in. There were 5 talking against it (including Jo Coburn) and only one talking for it. Typical BBC balance.

If the speaker ' baby Bercow' was not so obviously biased and did not continually abuse his position and do so much grandstanding things may be better.  He made a decision earlier this year  https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/brexit-brazen-bercow-accused-of-bias-after-ignoring-advice-by-clerks-nhzz0lqsx   against all precedent and his clerks advice and said 'if we always stuck to precedence nothing would ever change'. 

Well excuse me Baby John, by doing what you did you set a precedent that your decisions could also be open to  being ignored if they are based on precedence especially if that precedence was set over 400 years ago,  and parliament should just go ahead and hold an indicative vote on how much support Mays deal has and if it has a majority they will ignore you and hold a binding vote,  so ya boo sucks to you....

By scandalously abusing his position ( his term came to an end last year but he made the decision to 'stay on and see Brexit out)  Bercow has proved beyond doubt that the speaker has too much power,  speaker is supposed to be scrupulously neutral - not drive around with anti-brexit stickers on his car.

Tags:

anything