Clubjazz - Honda Jazz & HR-V Forums

Honda Jazz Forums => Honda Jazz Mk3 2015-2020 => Topic started by: Londonroader on October 08, 2026, 06:42:17 PM

Title: flat tyre/punctur inflation kit
Post by: Londonroader on October 08, 2026, 06:42:17 PM
I bought my 2015 jazz (from a honda dealer in 2026) to find it has no spare, and afterwards that the expiry date on the latex tyre inflation bottle was 2018. I will get it changed.  The latex settles and solidifies with age ( like paint does) and is no use. Has anyone else found that service/ MOT overlooks this safety concern?
Title: Re: flat tyre/punctur inflation kit
Post by: jaytee on October 08, 2026, 06:50:18 PM
buy fullsize wheel and tyre , i did on Ebay less than £130, not brand new but good for peace of mind !
Title: Re: flat tyre/punctur inflation kit
Post by: ColinB on October 08, 2026, 10:45:23 PM
I bought my 2015 jazz (from a honda dealer in 2026) to find it has no spare, and afterwards that the expiry date on the latex tyre inflation bottle was 2018. I will get it changed.  The latex settles and solidifies with age ( like paint does) and is no use. Has anyone else found that service/ MOT overlooks this safety concern?

No Mk3's came with a spare wheel as standard. Checking the expiry date of the sealant is a standard service item and should be reported to the owner; AFAIK it's not an MOT issue. If yours has been expired for 8 years that calls into question how rigorously the services have been conducted. Replacement sealant bottles are available online at reasonable prices.
Title: Re: flat tyre/punctur inflation kit
Post by: Lord Voltermore on October 09, 2026, 10:15:12 AM
I dont know the Mk3.  You describe the sealant as  Latex.   Is it the type of tyre inflation/ sealant aerosol such as 'Holts tyre weld' that has been available for years?     Although better than nothing these are limited in their ability to seal punctures. 
 The Mk 4 comes with a tyre sealant canister  that is a much more 'gloopy' and able to temporarily seal some more severe punctures  , but still NOT side wall damage that can easily occur if you hit a nasty pothole.    The other disadvantage of gloopy tyre sealant is many, if not most, tyre fitters will refuse to to do a puncture  repair if its been used.  It takes too long to fully remove, and can obscure the site of the  puncture.(s) (The last tyre I took in for a puncture repair they found a total of 6 nail penetrations.   :o )     But  the simple latex aerosol sealant is much easier to wash off for a puncture repair.

If you have a tyre well, I too would recommend carrying a full sized spare. Even if you have to call out the AA etc to fit it for you. 
Title: Re: flat tyre/punctur inflation kit
Post by: jazzaro on October 09, 2026, 01:25:58 PM
Does anybody know the code of the spare sealant bottle?
Title: Re: flat tyre/punctur inflation kit
Post by: fatlad on October 10, 2026, 12:07:42 AM
Does anybody know the code of the spare sealant bottle?
expensive though!!
https://hondadirectparts.co.uk/product/honda-jazz-2016-2019-trk-bottle/
Title: Re: flat tyre/punctur inflation kit
Post by: ColinB on October 10, 2026, 07:20:24 AM
Or you can try something like this
https://shop.ringautomotive.com/rts4502-flat-tyre-sealant.html
(Other brands and retailers are available)
Title: Re: flat tyre/punctur inflation kit
Post by: NathanC67 on October 10, 2026, 10:45:01 AM
I hadn't realised it was that expensive. This is my Honda Dealer price (and I assume part code) from when mine was replaced just over a year ago. I suppose you can add VAT to that too.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20261010/187db949272bc1d5c8ca9868be71fc7d.jpg)
Title: Re: flat tyre/punctur inflation kit
Post by: pebbles on October 10, 2026, 11:19:47 AM
I have a space saver in the car and a spare wheel kept in the garage.

I also carry a can of Holts Tyreweld , washes out with water and " no damage to the tyre guaranteed "