Clubjazz - Honda Jazz & HR-V Forums

Honda Jazz Forums => Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - => Topic started by: Cujimmy on October 07, 2026, 02:52:43 PM

Title: Plastic Wheeltrims
Post by: Cujimmy on October 07, 2026, 02:52:43 PM
Delighted to have my new Jazz Elegance delivered today, sunlight White, looks great.  And such a smooth drive!  One small disappointment, the Honda site says Alloy wheels, but I have these horrible plastic trims. The dealership say this is standard and has been for some time.  Is this really true, and do I have steel wheels behind the trims, or alloys? Any advice appreciated.
Title: Re: Plastic Wheeltrims
Post by: Kremmen on October 07, 2026, 03:01:25 PM
This has been mentioned before and there is a thread that has some images with the trims removed
Title: Re: Plastic Wheeltrims
Post by: Downsizer on October 07, 2026, 05:58:52 PM
I think they are alloy wheels as per the publicity material, but the design of the plastic trims may vary.
Title: Re: Plastic Wheeltrims
Post by: Bristol_Crosstar on October 07, 2026, 07:18:33 PM
You only get proper alloys on the Crosstar and Sport models
Title: Re: Plastic Wheeltrims
Post by: Downsizer on October 07, 2026, 09:08:03 PM
Wheels can still be made of aluminium alloy without looking glossy. The aim is to minimise unsprung weight, not improve appearance.
Title: Re: Plastic Wheeltrims
Post by: Nicksey on October 08, 2026, 07:16:33 AM
They are alloy wheels. Black.. but alloy. The plastic trims are not just for show, they do offer some protection against 'curb' contact too.
To be honest, yours look a lot better than the early incarnations.
Title: Re: Plastic Wheeltrims
Post by: Kremmen on October 08, 2026, 07:37:48 AM
The one snag with curb protection is if you damage one they cost a lot to replace
Title: Re: Plastic Wheeltrims
Post by: jasonevans on October 08, 2026, 09:34:02 AM
Behind the trim the wheels are indeed black alloys.
The wheel covers are to help with fuel efficiency.  ( Bit like Tesla's having them ).
Title: Re: Plastic Wheeltrims
Post by: Mr Onion on October 08, 2026, 10:19:20 AM
... but they look bloody awful (YMMV of course)
Title: Re: Plastic Wheeltrims
Post by: aphybrid on October 08, 2026, 10:55:51 AM
Spray them black?
Title: Re: Plastic Wheeltrims
Post by: Jazzik on October 08, 2026, 11:38:55 AM
Just take them off if you don't like them...

15 inch with trim:

(https://a.allegroimg.com/s720/112e00/b251d8a04969bd3d6f3f1e746dfe/HONDA-JAZZ-6Jx15-ET50-4x100-felga-felga)

without trim:

(https://www.fl.honda.be/content/dam/central/cars/jazz-hybrid/Honda-Jazz-Hybrid-15Inch-1502-Alloy-Wheel.png/_jcr_content/renditions/c2_r.png)
Title: Re: Plastic Wheeltrims
Post by: Nicksey on October 08, 2026, 02:35:37 PM
The one snag with curb protection is if you damage one they cost a lot to replace

Not as much or as serious as damaging the alloy rim tough.
Title: Re: Plastic Wheeltrims
Post by: sebastiand on October 08, 2026, 03:44:16 PM
Let me know if you removed them and preferred them that way. I have the same trims. But honestly I don't dislike them that much to try removing them. Once I reach 10k KM (i'm at 4-5k) and I rotate tyres I'll take a look.

I wonder how much fuel efficiency they add. I guess the difference does not matter. And (changing the topic) I understand the tiny (almost negligible) difference between Elegance and Advance in fuel efficiency is due to the tyre/wheel size, not these covers.