Clubjazz - Honda Jazz & HR-V Forums
Honda Jazz Forums => Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 => Topic started by: Risker on August 13, 2023, 04:59:36 PM
-
Hi, I was hoping I could get some help and guidance on this issue. I'm in the UK and bought an imported (from Japan) Honda Fit 1.3 IMA HS (2011). It was working fine until I got an HMMF notification. As I took it into the garage all the warning lights came on (airbag, battery, etc.) and it died. Garage weren't able to look at it (another story), but I changed the 12v battery and it now turns on. However, I now have an IMA and ABS warning signs appear when I turn on the engine. I haven't dared take it on the road in case something goes horribly wrong. Has anyone had an issue like this? If you have, how did you fix it? I only have 70k km on it which seems not enough to create wear and tear on the main battery. Many, many thanks in advance! :)
-
By the looks of it, changing the 12V battery might have done the trick. The error codes need to be reset before they will disappear. The dealer can reset them for you. Also you can let them check the high voltage to 12V part (maybe the 12V battery died because of that).
-
That's really helpful, but I realised I missed one important part of the situation - The new 12v battery isn't increasing in voltage when the car is running in idle. When the engine is revved, the voltage increased to approximately 13v. Apologies if this doesn't make sense, I'm quoting a friend who knows more about cars than I do, but not enough to fix it.
-
Check alternator .
-
Check the connection to the thinner of the wires to the alternator.
-
Check the connection to the thinner of the wires to the alternator.
Its a Hybrid, so it does not have an Alternator, it uses a DC-DC convertor from the high voltage battery. So a diagnostic check of the hybrid system needs to be carried out to determine its performance and to determine what codes are generated to cause the warning lights to be on. It could be just that the battery fan has an issue, like we have seen on a couple of other cars.