Author Topic: Radio Lost it's Tuning memory  (Read 4925 times)

guest540

Radio Lost it's Tuning memory
« on: September 09, 2008, 07:40:29 PM »
Just bought a 2005 Jazz 1.4 SE ( 9000 miles ! ) with  "C " Type Radio /CD . The Car is outstanding , however the Radio worked fine for One week whereupon it now seems to have lost it's tuning memory .
The CD works fine, no problems there .
When the Radio is switched on, all preset stations are lost and all buttons show " AM  531" .....I can re-tune and listen to any station ..but even though I save it to a particular pre-set number ....as soon as I change channel and go back ...it reverts  to "AM 531"
Also the Large Circular "Wheel Type " switch will not allow me to change from AM to FM .

Would appreciate some help ...it has to be something daft that a re-boot or similar can sort out ......perhaps an Aerial connection ....or battery getting weak for stand by ....but only guessing !

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: Radio Lost it's Tuning memory
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 08:48:37 AM »
on first reading this i thought a simple memory feed problem but you say it doesnt keep the station when you go back and also the am/fm change it seems more involved.

Since you just bought it if it was a garage then take it back and ask them to sort it.

guest540

• Topic Starter
Re: Radio Lost it's Tuning memory
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 09:34:43 AM »
Would you believe I was driving to the Honda Dealer this morning for their Guys to take a look and whilst at the Traffic Lights tried fiddling with the Radio switches ...and lo and behold everything came back ...all the original presets ...as was !
I believe the problem might have been the CD/AUX switch ...whilst it did not appear to be jammed in/on , it was this switch that cleared the problem .
Bearing in mind the Car is nearly three years old and has only done 9000  miles it could perhaps be a case of "lack of use" ...the CD has probably never been used .
What a bizarre set of symptoms though , caused by the simplest of things .
I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if the problem returns .

Tags: