Author Topic: Honda Jazz 2006-2014 & Insight Takata airbag recall  (Read 154738 times)

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
Re: Honda Jazz 2006-2014 & Insight Takata airbag recall
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2015, 06:06:03 PM »
I was told the work would take an hour, and it did (VIN no. JHMGE...).  I used the time to test drive a Mk III, and no attempt was made to sell me one, nor was any other repair work identified.  Good service.

guest5731

• Topic Starter
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2015, 10:46:38 AM »
Honda UK must give you courtesy car for this case?

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9505

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2015, 05:12:19 PM »
No courtesy car would be provided for the recall work - a case of while you wait or arrange own transport.

guest5826

• Topic Starter
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2016, 12:14:59 PM »
I just had mine done on a 2004 Jazz S.  About 2 hours to do this and master switch modification.  No problems and they didn't try to sell me on anything else. 

fatlad

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2013 1.4 se
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2016, 10:02:33 PM »
just had mine done on my 2009 se.

only took about 1.5 hours

apparently the actual fault isn't so much the 'exploder' its the frame that holds it in place that splinters when detonated.

(passenger side airbag behind the glove box lid)
'deny everything Baldrick'

guest4477

• Topic Starter
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2016, 10:57:26 PM »
Had mine done today 12th 2007s.e 1.30hrs,Balmer lawn Honda, Brockenhurst, Hants.

MaxFrames

• Approved Member
  • Jazzman since 2004
  • My Honda: Mk I (2004) Honda Jazz 1.2 i-DSi S - manual transmission - Ice Blue Metallic
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2016, 05:30:41 PM »
Holy moly. I'll better check my VIN ASAP.
Why is it that the specialized as well as the general press gave due attention to the VW emissions scandal and was almost silent about this potentially deadly scandal? I'm reading of evidence having been deliberately destroyed some 12 years ago, and in the meantime at least 8 people (I suspect many more) have DIED and an unknown number have been SERIOUSLY INJURED by this? And seriously they expect customers to keep on driving until their time comes to be recalled? I've got the heebie jeebies...
At stake.

MaxFrames

• Approved Member
  • Jazzman since 2004
  • My Honda: Mk I (2004) Honda Jazz 1.2 i-DSi S - manual transmission - Ice Blue Metallic
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2016, 07:02:49 PM »
I've checked that my VIN is not (by the skin of its teeth) included in the list posted in the http://www.dft.gov.uk website.
BUT... the VIN is deemed invalid by the recall search engines on the Honda UK and US websites. So I entered it in the Honda IT website, and it was accepted as valid, and the message was "there is no recall for this vehicle at this time".
SO... I deliberately entered a VIN that's among the affected ones... and the message again was "no recalls at this time".
What gives? Not very reassuring...
At stake.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2016, 07:26:42 PM »
Holy moly. I'll better check my VIN ASAP.
Why is it that the specialized as well as the general press gave due attention to the VW emissions scandal and was almost silent about this potentially deadly scandal? I'm reading of evidence having been deliberately destroyed some 12 years ago, and in the meantime at least 8 people (I suspect many more) have DIED and an unknown number have been SERIOUSLY INJURED by this? And seriously they expect customers to keep on driving until their time comes to be recalled? I've got the heebie jeebies...

Potentially 10's of thousands of people have been killed by NOx and dangerous cancer causing particulates from VW Dieseasel engines - and the cars at fault are still driving around.    The same amount have been saved from death or serious injury by airbags, a few may have been injured by faulty ones but it makes airbags sound very safe to me.  We do not live in risk free world and but one where ' if there is blame there is a claim'.

The airbags seem to give most problems in hot and humid conditions (which lets UK out), so maybe car makers are concentrating on those areas as a priority, which makes a lot of sense if supplies and resources are a problem.

Remember what Stalin said 'one death is a tragedy but a million deaths is just another statistic'.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 07:44:03 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

MaxFrames

• Approved Member
  • Jazzman since 2004
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2016, 09:02:01 PM »
I don't think you're implying that tens of thousands of people have died or will die as a direct consequence of VW tampering with their diesel engines.
We all know the consequences of traffic related pollution in terms of public health. The VW fiasco will prove to have been the proverbial pebble on top of the mountain. Nobody will ever know for sure if it caused any actual damage by itself. Whereas we have a confirmed total of 8 deaths directly caused by faulty Takata airbags, plus several injury cases. I think the Takata fiasco is far, far worse also in terms of public faith. And it didn't get half the press coverage it deserved. I came to know about it some two years later by browsing this forum! I was instantly, as I believe anyone was, made aware of the VW incident by the media. I agree about airbags being a blessing: one of my closest relatives' life was literally saved by the airbags (and she was driving a MK II Jazz, I'm proud to say). It's just faulty ones that concern me. Anyway sorry, I don't want to bring this thread off topic.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 09:06:31 PM by MaxFrames »
At stake.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2016, 01:03:00 PM »
I don't think you're implying that tens of thousands of people have died or will die as a direct consequence of VW tampering with their diesel engines. We all know the consequences of traffic related pollution in terms of public health.

it is a fact that NOx is a poison to humans, same as Diesel particulates cause cancer and both cause people to die,  NOx and particulates are main ingredients of smog (which is occurring in European capitals and triggered backlash against Diesels long before VW was 'outed') whereas CO2 is not poisonous (but too much in a confined space will rob you of oxygen).

What VW have done is sold cars that didn't meet Euro emission standards as far as NOx is concerned and never will - so yes I am implying that VW have killed people by their deception.  The truth is out there,  Google NOx and particulates and their health related problems..................................

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn28245-nitrogen-oxide-is-not-so-harmless-and-could-damage-human-health/
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 10:25:20 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

jasonevans

• Approved Member
  • 1 Jazz and 1 Civic Type R - Life is good :-)
  • My Honda: 2017 Jazz 1.3 SE Auto in Orange :-)
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2016, 10:32:32 AM »
Mines booked in for Wed 27th Jan . Both airbags and the drivers window switch recall. They rekon 2 hours tops.

After seeing a drivers airbag demo  when I was at the Honda Institute in 2009 I'm not hanging about to get this done . hehe

Here's a Vid here for your amusment : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYKwPnmgM0U&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 02:07:52 PM by jasonevans »

guest4966

• Topic Starter
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2016, 09:05:24 PM »
I took mine to my local Crown Honda in Hendon just before Christmas. Done in 1.5 hours. But they seemed to have sratched my steering wheel.  >:(

guest4312

• Topic Starter
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2016, 04:15:37 PM »
 :o
Had to phone local dealer to remind them that they were looking into the recall last year(notice issued July 2015)
due to be booked in this week-hopefully will eventually get sorted without destruction of cars interior! :(

jasonevans

• Approved Member
  • 1 Jazz and 1 Civic Type R - Life is good :-)
  • My Honda: 2017 Jazz 1.3 SE Auto in Orange :-)
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2016, 11:22:30 AM »
Got it done this morning, and also the electric window switch drivers side.
Took just under 1.5 hours.  Good service from Brayley Honda St.Albans.

Tags: recalls 

anything