Author Topic: When is the next generation Jazz due on sale?  (Read 3803 times)

monkeybot

When is the next generation Jazz due on sale?
« on: June 13, 2006, 12:56:00 PM »
Anyone know when the next generation Honda Jazz is due? Its already five years old (introduced in Japan in mid-2001) and usually the smaller Honda typically follows the Civic by 6mths or a year. If it is due soon, how about giving us a 1.6 VTEC or a smaller CTDi? :)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: When is the next generation Jazz due on sale?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 02:17:00 PM »
I think Honda must produce a oil-burning Jazz in order to remain competitive, although personally I think supermini diesels are only worth the time if they cost the same or marginally more then petrols (the Kia Rio was the only example I could think of before Kia increased the diesel’s price). But the trade seems to like diesels and customers are willing to buy big £’s for a used diesel supermini over the petrols.

To make diesel pay you have to drive a fair amount of miles and I don’t believe high-mileage superminis are tolerated like Civic/Focus or Accord/Vectra with big miles. I’m not going to kid anyone here, the only reason I plumped for the Civic ctdi over the 1.8 vtec was because of the performance/torque (useful for overtaking down here on Sussex A-roads) - if Honda offered the 2.4 VTEC from the Accord in the new Civic I may of gone for that instead.

I agree about the 1.6 Jazz - why didn’t Honda offer a 1.6 of around 110bhp here in the UK? My 1.4 Jazz was a pretty good performer for a car of its size but little more ooomph wouldnt of gone amiss.

guest436

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 11:12:00 AM »
Word is a hybrid version will follow. Any truth in this?

Bobby Cadwell

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 09:02:00 PM »
I think that’s true, although it would be interesting to see how they package the batteries. Might take up a fair amount of room.

guest221

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 09:34:07 PM »
Would one really need both the hybrid and diesel? I think the diesel would get the nod as the British public are still not turned on (excuse the pun Wink ) by hybrid’s.

guest230

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 12:17:45 PM »
I like the sound of hybrids but they got the be better than the toyota pryis clamed 100mpg of some pie in the sky mpg then pepole test them there doing mid 40s lmao @ that u pay 4 the extra money for the hybrid bit and they anit as good as a good diesel.
Go diesel honda dont waste your time with hybrids yet

Tags:

anything