Author Topic: Underseal  (Read 2955 times)

Mo_1986

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 09 Jazz 1.4 EX
Underseal
« on: February 03, 2019, 02:07:52 PM »
Couldn't believe how bad the rust on the jazz was so got it all undersealed. Hopefully this will give it some lasting protection.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Re: Underseal
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 02:14:08 PM »
Unless you treated the rust first, or use a rust preventing underseal, the underseal WILL make rust worse.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 03:50:42 PM »
Couldn't believe how bad the rust on the jazz was so got it all undersealed. Hopefully this will give it some lasting protection.

The rust shows up mainly on the rear torsion beam, it is quite a nice thick section so will take a bit of corrosion. As commented if you put underseal over rust it can make things worse by trapping water.   Just make sure the rear brake pipes where they go across torsion beam to the wheels are not badly rusted.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Mo_1986

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 09 Jazz 1.4 EX
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 05:01:52 PM »
Left it at the garage all day, was treated and mostly surface rust so nothing major. But looks really good now compared to before  ;D

Staffy

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2006 Jazz 1.4 se
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 08:29:57 PM »
Was it an expensive job, my 2006 jazz I just bought looks great outside and in but underneath is a different story. Rusty especially around the front wheel suspension and wot nots  :o

Tags:

anything