Author Topic: Silver Tardis Three Month Report  (Read 2415 times)

nigelr

• Approved Member
  • 'Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.'
  • Fuel economy: 45 mpg
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES
Silver Tardis Three Month Report
« on: November 02, 2018, 07:33:23 PM »
So I've been in my second Honda Jazz for three months now, and while I've had to fit a new battery I must say I'm happy to be owning the do-everything car again. Almost as easy to park as my Panda but much, much bigger in the back and boot; just about powerful enough to make long journeys bearable, but frugal enough to average around 50mpg. I hear all the wannabe Jeremy Clarksons on YouTube talking about handling and "fun" and how other cars are more sporty, then I climb in my Jazz, it works, I go home.  End of.  Have a good weekend and happy motoring, y'all.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 07:37:34 PM by nigelr »

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
Re: Silver Tardis Three Month Report
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 07:47:44 PM »
I bought some large 4x4 tyres, when I told the guy that the other half would collect them in her Jazz while passing, he was more than a little sceptical... I said, "don't worry, it's like a little Tardis".

He was amazed to see the 5 large tyres disappear into the back of the Jazz, with room to spare. He even sent me a message to tell me how surprised he was.

nigelr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 11:32:58 PM »
It's that kind of car, Paul!

Brian_I

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i-VTEC ES Plus 5dr
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 08:28:08 PM »
I've had mine for a few months now (a 63 plate).

Does all I need it to do, I can even get my 29er hard tail mtb in the back, although easier with the seat post taken off to stop the saddle rubbing the head lining - such is having an large / xl sized bicycle frame! But at least with the bike inside, it's reasonably safe from prying eyes, especially with the rear windows being tinted.

Plus if I fold the passenger seat flat backwards, and fold the rear seats flat, I could actually sleep in the car despite myself being 6'2" tall! A shame the MK2 doesn't seem to have the "refresh" seating mode which was in the earlier MK1. But a couple of pillows would sort that out :-) 

Pretty frugal on the petrol as well, and pretty cheap to fill up :-) And it's pretty comfy to drive, even for a tall chap like myself with big feet :-)  :D

nigelr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 07:24:55 PM »
Brian I: Good stuff, I think our findings accord well. I love these little cars - it's got all the attributes of a bigger car, but I can park it in more or less any space I could park my old Fiat Panda in. A real TARDIS, and better still, it starts every time I turn the key. I love the reliability.

smilertoo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.39l Honda Jazz 2004 Ice Blue - 45mpg max/40mpg normal
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 10:45:40 PM »
Has anyone done some serious driving in a jazz? like Uk to Germany by car.

nigelr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2018, 03:55:11 PM »
No, but I drove from London to Scotland and back in my Mk1 CVT, total of around 1,000 miles in a week a few years back, no problems to report. I'm a light driver these days but I've done a couple of 400-mile round journeys in my Mk2 with no problems.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2018, 12:01:35 AM »
Went to Durham and back from the Capital on my 2009 i-shift. Drive around the North East. Around 500 miles. No problems at all and using Shell V-Power gives you a better performance. Plus seems to achieve around 300 miles in a tank, normally around 260.  However, I did the same trip in August hiring a Kia Sorrento because I needed 7 Seats- it's a total different experience! The Kia is so well built you don't feel tired driving long journeys. Yes, the Jazz is good but I understand why people buy a car over £30k. You do feel the difference.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2018, 11:50:30 AM »
If I was going to choose a car to drive around the world it would probably be a Jazz, but maybe a GD as I like the engine character better, a more relaxing drive OMHO....

Honda reliability is not an accident - it is the result of good engineering and constant testing and excellent quality control, and Japanese attention to detail...
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything