Author Topic: Black Soot On Front Wheels  (Read 1876 times)

guest6963

Black Soot On Front Wheels
« on: July 05, 2017, 09:02:49 PM »
I've the car a month now and I've noticed the front alloys get covered in back "soot"
Any advice?
cheers,

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Black Soot On Front Wheels
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 09:13:59 PM »
Brake dust, regular cleaning is the order of the day.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 09:35:09 PM »
After washing and drying, spray with Autoglym Wheel Seal. Doesn't keep them clean, but makes it easier to remove the dust. If you are a bit easier on the brakes that should help.

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2010 — 1.4 iShift Elegance — Storm Silver — GG3 L13Z2 3rd gen.
Black Soot On Front Wheels
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 11:07:09 PM »
What others said, it is brake dust. Use a good wheel cleaner, iron fallout remover and when they are shiny again put them in a (wheel) sealant — 3-6 months durability.

Then you just use normal good car shampoo to easily wash any future brake dust away.

I use a fallout remover only twice a year when i change summer/winter wheels. As sealant i can recommend Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp paste wax. It is actually a sealant and can be used on paint, alloys and exhaust tips. I use it on the alloys and in the winter also on the paint because of the durability of 6 months, the almost self cleaning abilities and the stunning shine.

http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/Products,52,toView_402.html

No, i don't have stocks in them, but like to help the Britisch economy, haha. Joking, it is not available in the Netherlands, but i like it very much and Alex is a nice guy.

For under £20 you have enough for doing your whole car for years and years. ;)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 11:20:31 PM by jazzway »

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 02:01:52 PM »
Yes it's brake dust.  Well over a year ago, I gave the wheels an extra good clean. I then gave them a coat of Autoglym polish and to date all I do is wash the wheels off with whats left after the car is washed with Autoglym car wash..

Tags: