Author Topic: Europe Bound  (Read 2299 times)

3reggy

• Approved Member
Europe Bound
« on: May 12, 2017, 06:57:34 PM »
Any one know if the headlights on the Jazz 2014 SI can just be switched to left hand for driving in France ?
Cheers guys
John

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Europe Bound
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 07:03:28 PM »
I believe you can still buy beam deflectors from the likes of Halfords.
They stick to the headlight glass and bend the beam in the other direction.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

guest6436

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 02:09:59 AM »
Do NOT stick them on! My dad stuck them on and those things destroyed and melted the headlamps..
Btw its not even a legal requirement - just a way for them to make money on the ferry.

JohnAlways

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.2i-VTEC S (AC) 2013
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 01:25:19 PM »
It IS a legal requirement for France to stop the dazzle to oncoming drivers. The beam deflectors I get from Halfords are actually just a means of blanking off the part of the beam that goes to the nearside and up the bank in the UK. I expect you've all come across a car with headlights on parked on the side of the road you are driving on facing you.

http://www.drive-france.com/checklist/

Also technically the GB with the stars on the number plate does not mean you don't have to have a GB sticker as technically it's not of the approved size but the rest of europe does it here so why not us there. I use a magnetic one on mine as well as I don't like being pulled over by Gendarmes waving guns around! (That was just a roadside check on the way to Toulouse)!

longlegpete

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Better Half's Jazz Sport 1.4 2007, MY Jazz 1.4 Ex 2009 And Another 1.4EX 2009
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 06:39:52 PM »
We have a Jazz that stays in europe for 8 months of the year and we just use stick on deflectors,  the modern one's have a reflective strip to help not burn the lens, we just leave them on all the time regardless of which side we are driving now,  never been a problem,  there is no way of changing the beam by any other means

Tags: