Author Topic: Drivers Headrest.  (Read 9593 times)

guest1262

Re: Drivers Headrest.
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 12:17:19 PM »
I heard a BBC radio prog a few days ago Rambler about a driver having his car insurance voided because some of his car's parts were non-manufacturer originals - thus his car had been modified and he'd not mentioned this when taking out insurance. He knew nothing about them when he'd bought the car second-hand from a dealer  - who denied knowledge.

By the same way of thinking the changes to your headrest are a modification. This could create serious problems in the event of any insurance claim by you or a future owner. Take care.

guest5247

• Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 10:11:43 PM »
I heard a BBC radio prog a few days ago Rambler about a driver having his car insurance voided because some of his car's parts were non-manufacturer originals - thus his car had been modified and he'd not mentioned this when taking out insurance. He knew nothing about them when he'd bought the car second-hand from a dealer  - who denied knowledge.

By the same way of thinking the changes to your headrest are a modification. This could create serious problems in the event of any insurance claim by you or a future owner. Take care.
I hear what you say , that's why I've purchased another one from ebay to replace mine when i sell.

And my current headrest is still the original, only mine is....comfortable for me ,no neck or back ache.

A head restraint is a head restraint, its in place doing its job. And its not an MOT failure.

Tbh...if a random person looked at my car now , you wouldn't tell the difference at a glance if you didn't know as the change is that discreet.

Thank you all for your concern though, really appreciated and taken aboard.

guest5247

• Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2016, 12:13:15 PM »
Just rang insurance, for my peace of mind.

Even emailed them the photo.

Its not an issue with them , if it doesn't affect power or braking performance its not classed as a problem.
But they have a note of it and the photo.
If I'd left the stems cut then yes , but now they're welded its fine.

Tags:

anything