Author Topic: Inbuilt SSD Navigation updates  (Read 8910 times)

guest4313

Inbuilt SSD Navigation updates
« on: October 09, 2013, 06:19:23 PM »
Hi all
I have a s/h 2010 Jazz, with SSD Navigation System built-in. I can't find out how (or where) to get map updates. I know they're expensive, but I can't even find what webpage to go to! At least then I'd be able to decide if I could afford it... Google couldn't help. Any ideas, anyone?
PS I tried looking in the owner's manual, and it says (and I quote): "You can update the system software and the map data. Insert the SD card with the update data..." Er, yes, ...but where do I get one??
All help v. much appreciated!

culzean

• Approved Member
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest4313

• Topic Starter
Re: Inbuilt SSD Navigation updates
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 07:08:01 PM »
OMG. So - Honda don't even update their own equipment ! And it costs an arm and a leg! It will be cheaper to buy a new standalone satnav than to buy the update for this one. Thanks for the info. Very sobering...

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Inbuilt SSD Navigation updates
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 10:31:18 PM »
One would expect Honda, who like to provide purchasers with a hassle-free experience, to give free mapping updates for the life of the car. Maps that are a couple of years out of date can be very confusing. I recently ditched my 2 year old Garmin satnav for a TomTom for which there was a free life-time (whose life?) mapping update offer. That offer has gone but the mapping updates seem to add only about £20 to the purchase price. My impression is that TomTom do a better job at keeping he maps updated than Navteq (as used by Garmin and, as stated above, the Honda satnav).
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags: