Author Topic: On the subject of Parking Sensors......Is the wiring already there?  (Read 2160 times)

Blue Sky

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 Honda Jazz EX
Hi I have a 2010 EX that did not come fitted with parking sensors, (front and rear) to have over the course of the last couple of years of ownership come to the consideration this car needs them or at last I do, to need to ask ;

Did this model year and trim level originally come with parking sensors as an option and if so, is it likely the existing wiring loom contains provision for fitting sensors?

Not that I am going to fit sensors myself, I will get an auto electrician to do it, but if the wiring is in there I might get a Honda Franchisee to do it as they have at least quoted a price, Where if the wiring is not there then I will take it to a non affiliated auto electrician

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Re: On the subject of Parking Sensors......Is the wiring already there?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 09:59:12 PM »
Yes it was an option.
Almost certainly wiring there..to connect to,

GBH

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 EX Auto
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2024, 09:04:00 AM »
My 2010 EX has reversing sensors fitted (which are colour coded to the car's bumper) so I presumed that they were factory fitted.

My previous car was a Volvo estate (ie a big square brick) so parking was always easy to judge, however I find the Jazz very difficult as I cannot judge where the front / rear bumpers are, so fitted front sensors and rear camera.

When I came to fit the rear camera I needed to connect to the reversing lights circuit so can say with certainty that the rear sensors are definitely not factory fit (unless they employ drunken first week trainees) as the control box is definitely aftermarket and the quality of the wiring work that is hidden inside the rear wing is not factory quality.  I believe that there has previously been a similar question regarding reversing sensors and the answer was that reverse sensors were a dealer fitted option.

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2024, 04:43:50 PM »
2010 Jazz there were no factory fitted parking sensors, only dealer fit accessory ones, so if your car does not have parking sensors, there will be no wiring for them.

Tags:

anything