Author Topic: 12v car vacuum-use with engine running or not?  (Read 6290 times)

Spencer69

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: JAZZ I-VTEC SI 5 dr (nearly)!
Re: 12v car vacuum-use with engine running or not?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2019, 06:54:59 PM »
Hi Jocko, thems rims looks well fresh :-)
Know we have similar companies around here, but as we're 1 car couple, cannot afford to be without car. Do you have a 2nd car that you used whilst wheels as in pic were refurbed?

A further decision that has to be made is that cost of refurb is almost as much as new set of wheels (dependent on choice obviously) & again, have same prob here as only have 1 car (actually, now thinking about it, nothing stopping me collecting new set of wheels in car and then having all changed at local independent garage...or even if wheels bought online to have them delivered at garage-as long as they know they are being delivered!)

Anyway, apart from above ramblings, have now had chance of using the free vac. Not bad and little more pwerful than expected. Certainly a benefit after hard brushing seats etc down and then using vac to stop dust and detritis resettling. Did front of car within 15 mins then turned off whilst sorted rear anf then another 15 mins max using vac. No detriment to battery or car electrics in general.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: 12v car vacuum-use with engine running or not?
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2019, 07:06:13 PM »
New wheels for the Volvo started about £350 a piece. I just dropped the car off in the morning, walked home (about three quarters of a mile), then walked back to pick it up in the evening.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 07:08:48 PM by Jocko »

Tags: