Author Topic: can keyless entry fob be switched off on a mk3 Honda jazz  (Read 1673 times)

guest7494

can keyless entry fob be switched off on a mk3 Honda jazz
« on: June 18, 2018, 03:46:15 PM »
is this possible apparently some makes of car are able to do this by a series of key presses.
Would it be that Honda have excelled themselves ??
Any comments providing info would be of interest.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
Re: can keyless entry fob be switched off on a mk3 Honda jazz
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 03:53:09 PM »
is this possible apparently some makes of car are able to do this by a series of key presses.
Would it be that Honda have excelled themselves ??
Any comments providing info would be of interest.
Any particular reason you want to? I don't think any Honda Jazz is going to be targeted by high tech thieves so it seems like an unnecessary security precaution to me.

guest7494

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 04:06:10 PM »
It seems to me a very simple solution to a growing trend of the have nots to take advantage,I like my Jazz It  cost a lot and why shouldnt someone want to steal it, it is pretty and smiles at me when i return to it.
Plus the fact that this keyless entry although very convenient for the owner,is also very convenient for some scrote to  nick it,
Therefore Honda who saw fit to install it should also see fit to ensure that it is NON NICKABLE.
Cheers

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 04:37:25 PM »
I'm with Jaffa on this one,
Just as a point of interest, it is possible to start the car as normal, but then drive off without the keys.
You get an alarm message to the affect that the keys are out of range, but the car keeps running!!

Tags: