Author Topic: Honda Jazz 2009 Semi Automatic ES 5 door  (Read 1050 times)

qwaraich

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2005 CVT
Honda Jazz 2009 Semi Automatic ES 5 door
« on: December 13, 2018, 09:24:15 AM »
Hi All
I have couple of questions, first do semi auto have gearbox oil ?
if yes when should we change gearbox oil. My car is only driven 28K miles and 9 years old. I bought is when it was 25K mileage so not sure if gearbox oil was changed.

Second question its town average has gone down a bit, i wonder if its to do with transmission oil etc or what can cause town average to slowly go down. From 42MPG to 38MPG.

Thanks in advance for helping.
Regards,
Kaz

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Honda Jazz 2009 Semi Automatic ES 5 door
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 10:05:31 AM »
Your avatar says 2005 CVT,  but....... you say this car is 9 years old which makes it a 2009 model in your question..

By 'semi-automatic' do you mean i-shift gearbox ?  If so the gearbox oil should be changed at 70,000 miles ( i-shift is basically a manual gearbox with actuators to change the gears) so it will be Honda MTF or Castrol syntrans ( or any other manual gearbox oil ).  For the CVT box the change interval was reduced by Honda to 25,000 miles after problems owners had after leaving it in for longer.

Colder weather will make MPG worse, even if your driving style has not changed,  personally after 9 years even if the 70,000 miles has not been reached I would change the gearbox oil,  plenty of info on forum how to do it or get your garage to do it..
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 10:08:27 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: