Author Topic: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure  (Read 189852 times)

RomanianJazz

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2021
Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Reply #150 on: April 05, 2024, 12:17:08 PM »
As I suspected, brake fluid change could have an impact on this issue. I am due a brake fluid change soon, so I might join the Christmas lights club soon.

Jazzymcjazzface

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: MK4 SE
« Reply #151 on: April 05, 2024, 02:14:40 PM »
Has anyone with extended warranty confirmed they’ve had this issue fixed without charge?

I’ve seen a few posters reporting Honda dealer promised this but haven’t seen anyone come back to confirm it happened?

My 3 year warranty runs out at the end of this month. I was going to keep my 21 plate Jazz and extend the warranty, but given the brake issues I’m becoming tempted to trade in for something newer/different unless the fix is guaranteed gratis.

Daffodil

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #152 on: April 05, 2024, 03:57:58 PM »
I have the Honda UK email address and suggest that everyone effected by this brake problem write a long, informative email.

info.UK.car@honda-eu.com

The more, the better!

Cobb2

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #153 on: April 05, 2024, 04:52:59 PM »
I have the Honda UK email address and suggest that everyone effected by this brake problem write a long, informative email.

info.UK.car@honda-eu.com

The more, the better!
I found it this morning so I have backed up my letter with an email as well. I agree that if more people contact Honda UK it may help.

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
« Reply #154 on: April 05, 2024, 07:14:46 PM »
Well it’s not turning out to be a good response from Honda re the 8 failures on this forum alone ! As I have been waiting since start of March for the replacement wiring loom for my 71 plate jazz I was surprised to receive a phone call from Honda uk customer services . As the loom won’t be here until 16th April they have given me a courtesy car until the repair is completed and my jazz is returned . So I’m happy with that !

deecat

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 sport
« Reply #155 on: April 05, 2024, 08:58:31 PM »
I had our 21 reg Crosstar  booked in for its MOT the first week of May along with its third service but after seeing the issues with the brake failing and our warranty running out ,we took a HRV out for a demo.

The wife initially thought that the HRV was far to big for her but after the test drive she has said that it will be OK for her.

Back at the dealers they have done me a good deal on a pre-reg 24 plate Advance with 5 miles on it at £6800 off the list price new. We did consider a facelift Crosstar but it would have worked out a lot more,so we pick it up the first week of May.

One thing that I also can not understand is the HRV is group 30A and the Jazz 21A but the insurance for a full year is £80 cheaper for the HRV than a  new Crosstar and even cheaper than our current car!

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #156 on: April 05, 2024, 09:25:48 PM »
Seeing as the brake defect appears to be affecting vehicles approaching the 3.5 year old bracket, Jazz and E so far... can we assume that it may well start to affect the HRV soon too, as this model also uses the same brake simulator?

BobM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Advance eHEV
« Reply #157 on: April 05, 2024, 11:04:36 PM »
Just saw this in case its the same issue  :o

https://www.hondaeforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1568&sid=7128ad47c3df833ab35978eefa9ee360&fbclid=IwAR1uOwhQVSytjN15jZ85Cr_fjSUUZBpZmawvDyFJHM51WS4CJaWFCG6BETc_aem_AWlqsPi_rYR7al6dscc1LWnG106c8hGYOf5--WAzh1M69_9kHuckk1gYfHw9WoZ61I8gvzTQGO7wSfGR55PgoAsv

I think it may be a different issue, but the picture at https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/AP1GczNNkKCpHUHvzQSOBYIAI_lCOl5Dd6jiJlzj2JQNFYLUItASLkmYI0LWMwg2sktfM8Wr9sF8lSKKuyPeAu4gpgadZFAkfuNKNabzRkJ64O_pR3es3PmUBmF_ZHRRh8llgZCfIG2gMJg2cpxVZDiutl8=w480-h640-s-no?authuser=0 helps explain the Japan recall.

The picture shows 2 (pressure?) switches and 3 solenoids mounted on the fluid chamber. I'm guessing that for the Japan recall, it's the o-ring seals for these items that have been incorrectly fitted (or perhaps not tightened properly) causing fluid to seep into the electronics modules (especially the contact pads for the switches) and causing error messages. The seepage is likely very slow, which is why the fault takes time (not mileage) to occur.

Spodric

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SR I-MMD CVT 2020
« Reply #158 on: April 08, 2024, 09:33:09 AM »
Update:

Last Wednesday, my Jazz was towed by the AA (front wheels raised on a dolly) to Bath Honda. Booked in their workshop for Thursday, to investigate the brake issue. On thursday, I had to keep phoning their service department until finally they told me that the "brake simulator set" needs replacing. They started quoting me the repair cost @£1800 until I reminded them that I was still covered by the 5 year extended warranty they sold me (that they should have noticed from their own computer records). Numpties.

On Friday, Bath Honda phoned to say that the repair had been authorised (under warranty) and the part ordered, with an estimated 72 hour delivery time. The inference being the part is being couriered via air freight from Japan. It should arrive at Bath Honda by the middle of this week. My Jazz should be fixed by the end of this week. Fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, I had to extend the hire car period at my own expense. This extension request involved an argument with the hire company about the increased daily rate they demanded. Originally, the car hire bloke assured me that any hire period extension I need would be on the same daily rate that Honda (AA Relay Plus) were paying for the first 72 hour period; now the car hire company were gouging me at a higher daily rate "because their computer system sets the rate". That's me another £444 out of pocket. The daily hire rate could be another sticky quibble when the time comes to getting Honda UK to refund my loss.

This brake failure saga is stressing me out, as well as taking up a lot of my precious time and energy. A Honda warranty repair should be seamlessly efficient from start to finish, not a battle with Honda UK. I would have expected a loan car delivered to my front door and collected from here as well when my repaired Jazz is returned. Far from it. It is a bus ride and long walk to reach the car hire depot from my home. A similar journey by bus and on foot to the dealership when I eventually collect the Jazz. Plus all the hassle of dealing with the car hire company, a notoriously bad experience anyway. I was carless for the first 24 hours until a hire car became available. I should be entitled to claim compensation for all the inconvenience as well. We shall see what Honda UK has to say about that.

#notahappyJazzowner >:(

Daffodil

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #159 on: April 08, 2024, 10:01:07 AM »
Wow Spodric! For 2 reasons -

The first being the hire care frustration where they can dictate whatever suits them and there’s not a lot we can do about it til later. My sympathies. I am fortunate that we have a second car: my husband is still driving our 2002 Honda Jazz SE which has never caused any problems over the last 20+ years.  ;D

The second being, if this is the same problem affecting myself and others on here, that the part will arrive in 72 hours! I honestly hope this is the case for you. It seems to indicate that the part is available when I have been told it isn’t.

Good Luck

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #160 on: April 08, 2024, 11:37:24 AM »
Wow Spodric! For 2 reasons -

The first being the hire care frustration where they can dictate whatever suits them and there’s not a lot we can do about it til later. My sympathies. I am fortunate that we have a second car: my husband is still driving our 2002 Honda Jazz SE which has never caused any problems over the last 20+ years.  ;D

The second being, if this is the same problem affecting myself and others on here, that the part will arrive in 72 hours! I honestly hope this is the case for you. It seems to indicate that the part is available when I have been told it isn’t.

Good Luck

If the repair is paid under warranty, car hire etc are paid by Honda.

If the repair is not under warranty, car hire etc are paid by the owner

Guess who gets the scarce spares first?

Chis52

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz eHev EX 2020 Pearl White
« Reply #161 on: April 08, 2024, 11:40:49 AM »
author=Spodric link=to The 72 hour delivery time seems too good to be true. Last summer when the air conditioner failed, while still under warranty, it took over 2 months for a replacement compressor to be delivered.

Last Wednesday, my Jazz was towed by the AA (front wheels raised on a dolly) to Bath Honda. Booked in their workshop for Thursday, to investigate the brake issue. On thursday, I had to keep phoning their service department until finally they told me that the "brake simulator set" needs replacing. They started quoting me the repair cost @£1800 until I reminded them that I was still covered by the 5 year extended warranty they sold me (that they should have noticed from their own computer records). Numpties.

On Friday, Bath Honda phoned to say that the repair had been authorised (under warranty) and the part ordered, with an estimated 72 hour delivery time. The inference being the part is being couriered via air freight from Japan. It should arrive at Bath Honda by the middle of this week. My Jazz should be fixed by the end of this week. Fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, I had to extend the hire car period at my own expense. This extension request involved an argument with the hire company about the increased daily rate they demanded. Originally, the car hire bloke assured me that any hire period extension I need would be on the same daily rate that Honda (AA Relay Plus) were paying for the first 72 hour period; now the car hire company were gouging me at a higher daily rate "because their computer system sets the rate". That's me another £444 out of pocket. The daily hire rate could be another sticky quibble when the time comes to getting Honda UK to refund my loss.

This brake failure saga is stressing me out, as well as taking up a lot of my precious time and energy. A Honda warranty repair should be seamlessly efficient from start to finish, not a battle with Honda UK. I would have expected a loan car delivered to my front door and collected from here as well when my repaired Jazz is returned. Far from it. It is a bus ride and long walk to reach the car hire depot from my home. A similar journey by bus and on foot to the dealership when I eventually collect the Jazz. Plus all the hassle of dealing with the car hire company, a notoriously bad experience anyway. I was carless for the first 24 hours until a hire car became available. I should be entitled to claim compensation for all the inconvenience as well. We shall see what Honda UK has to say about that.

#notahappyJazzowner >:(
[/quote]

Spodric

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SR I-MMD CVT 2020
« Reply #162 on: April 09, 2024, 10:13:16 AM »
I don't know if this forum enables youtube links but here goes (irony detector triggered!):

Chis52

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz eHev EX 2020 Pearl White
« Reply #163 on: April 09, 2024, 02:38:07 PM »
Yes, just listened to it. Pity they don’t install reliable parts. Brake servos that fail just beyond the warranty period and a charging a huge some for replacements will not enhance Honda’s reputation for reliability.

Cobb2

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #164 on: April 09, 2024, 03:22:13 PM »

Thanks Spodric - an excellent You Tube find. It actually made me laugh at the irony, which was needed since I have now been told by the Dealer that the likely date of the part arriving is not now the 15th April but 23rd. Doesn't sound as if its coming by Air. Also I still have not heard back from the Honda escalation team despite phoning their first line customer service 3 times and sending an email and a letter. The phone calls stated I would have a reply within 3 working days. Perhaps they are having to carefully think out how they can deal with this major problem. I hope they can.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 09:58:08 PM by Cobb2 »

Tags: