Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Enjoy your new Jazz
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Puzzling ticking noise
« Last post by CRC on Today at 11:04:56 AM »
Wonder if anyone can shed some light on what this might be please?

We have a 53 plate 1.4 manual Jazz which has now done 82,000 miles and we've owned it for 5 or 6 years having bought it with 28,000 miles on the clock.

The car performs faultlessly, engine is sweet as a nut, clutch and gearbox all good, fuel economy, steering and handling all spot on.

This ticking noise only really happens when the engine is cold and in the following circumstances.

My wife uses the car for work, so she starts the engine ( all good, sounds lovely), re-arranges herself for a bit, then selects reverse and starts to let the clutch out. The reversing path is a bit narrow, so she slips the clutch and generally comes back slowly (not screaming the engine) and this is when the ticking noise is very apparent from outside the car, but not really noticeable inside.

Once the car has reversed fully, she then selects first and pulls away normally with no noise.

It's not a problem and it's always done it, but it puzzles me as to what's making the noise.

Anybody else noticed this?

Thanks

Colin     
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Reliability.
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 10:21:59 AM »
On the other side of the spectrum my two most unreliable cars were a VW Golf 1.9 TDI and, many years ago, a Fiat 128. Some wag told me that FIAT stood for "Fix it again Tommy!"

I only ever owned one Vauxhall. A 1987 Cavalier - great car and very reliable until it got stolen from the approach at Newton le Willows station and written off in a police chase involving a helicopter apparently!

Had a couple of Fords - middling reliability. Annoying little problems rather than anything major.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by madasafish on Today at 10:19:17 AM »
Autonomous vehicle are going to be interesting when their system is hacked into...(not "if")
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / How often do you check your rear lights?
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 10:12:54 AM »
How often do you check your rear lights? I ask this because this morning, as I was exiting my garage, a chap was warming up his car and I noticed a number plate lamp out. I asked him if he was aware of it and he thanked me and said he never checked!
I am lucky, as where I drop my wife every morning I can see the rear of the car reflected in the Hospital glass frontage. So every morning I can see all my tail lights and check the brake lights. And about once a week I check the reversing lights and the rear fog lights. It is very handy.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Servicing
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 10:07:17 AM »
You'll find a dozen decent garages in any urban or semi-urban area, here in the UK. Just ask friends and family for recommendations. I delivered to small garages, here in Fife, and they are everywhere. Places you would never expect and never find unless you were looking for them. From the middle of fields to the back of cemeteries! Some are even mechanics, running a business from garages attached to their house.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 09:51:08 AM »
I see Tesla's Cloud Computing was hacked.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43140005
They went in to use it for currency mining, but they had access to the cars. According to Tesla, it was only the engineering vehicles that they had access to, but you would expect them to say that.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Servicing
« Last post by badgerdisco on Today at 09:47:20 AM »
I have used a non-Honda garage twice, but they couldn't reset the CVTF service interval, so I had to go back to Honda with my tail between my legs and request that they reset it, which they did, much to their amusement.

I guess my point is, how good can an oil change be? But that said, if you don't have a decent garage in your area then it could be safer to take it to Honda.
New Members / Re: *Opens Door into Jazz Club*
« Last post by badgerdisco on Today at 09:41:38 AM »
Your best bet is to drive one at a local traders , then search Autotrader or if you want your local BCA .
There are 100's around and as ever condition is the key + MOT history check + invoices for work done.
Happy hunting, but do drive a few before you spend

Good advice, I've never driven one so that's a good idea! My friend has one so I will ask him if I can have a spin in his (I actually helped him buy it a few weeks ago. DOH!)
Once I've cut my left leg off and stopped groping for a gear stick I'll be fine!
LOL
I have done that and can honestly say after more than 2 years...: i havenít miss my left leg for a second. ;)
I never had that problem surprisingly. Never felt the urge to reach for the gear lever and my left foot was happy to just sit on the floor. But I do have issues the other way round (and indeed when I got back to my car the first time after driving an auto). Hence why I changed. Clearly my brain/body has just never liked the manual approach and were more than happy to give it up :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything