Author Topic: Jazz wont rev past 2000 rpm. help  (Read 2899 times)

andy m

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: jazz 2005
Jazz wont rev past 2000 rpm. help
« on: August 02, 2018, 11:09:27 PM »
Hello all,

We have a 2005 1.4 petrol jazz 60K that today developed a fault and will not rev past 2000 rpm.

Previously it was not idling right in the period between the temperature light going off and it getting fully warm. Revs bliping or dropping too low and stalling.

Now it has had a total loss of power and will not rev past 2000 rpm.

Is this likely to be the egr valve or could it be sonething else?

I read on the net about other hondas having a fuse or relay going that controls the electronic throttle body. Us this a possibility or could it be something completely different to either of these.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as we dont really want to take it to a garage with the cost if is likely to incur.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
Re: Jazz wont rev past 2000 rpm. help
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 02:10:48 PM »
Andy, you might find a lot of help and information in this thread (below). The sadly no longer on the forum but awesome TG helped me immensely with a similar problem. The thread contains a lot of information about the throttle body and links to other useful stuff.

I am no mechanic or motor engineer, so this is the extent of the help I can offer, other than to find a friendly, family owned local 'back street' garage perhaps. Good luck.

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=8695.msg45155#msg45155

..Richard

andy m

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 07:59:21 PM »
Hello richard,

Thanks for the link.  Looks like it could be the problem.

I bought myself a code reader today.

It came up with

P0122 pedal position sensor A circiut low input

P0222 tps/ pedal position sensor switch B circuit low voltage.

Do these codes fit with

Accelerator pedal position sensor not sending out a signal?

Throttle body not recieving a signal therefore harness

Or throttle body recieving signal but not functioning

Any thoughts from anyone greatly appreciared,

Cheers,

Andy

richardfrost

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 03:28:59 PM »
Well it looks to me like it could be. In the thread I sent you there's a link to the 'Jerking Jazz' thread which also discusses this same thing. I would get that yellow/green wire checked out. All the mechanic did on mine was bridge the break in the wire with a new wire.

Good luck.

andy m

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 09:26:31 PM »
Hello Richard,

Just to update you,

I went to a breakers today, picked up a throttle body, throttle position sensor and a wiring harness.  All for £50.  I wanted to meke sure I had all the parts that it could be to fix it, and not keep going back the 25 miles to get other parts.

Getting the wiring harness from ths breakers was invaluable as I was able to work out how to uncover the wiring without risking damaging the one on my car.

On removing he covers there was indeed a wire that had split in two.  The yellow and green one as predicted!  On stripping the ends, removing some tape to get a bit of play and slack and twisting the two ends together the car worked fine again.   I have used a straight through crimp on the two bits and taped it up.  I hope that it will be a suitable repair?

Interestingly the yellow and green wire on the harness from the breakers also had a little nik out of it exposing the copper.  As you said it is clearly a weakness in these.

Thank you Richard for you help and the link, could not have done it without it.  You have saved me a fortune!

Thanks again ,

Andy

richardfrost

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 07:06:38 AM »
That's great to hear but the thanks should go to TG. He's just not here to receive them. He helped me with the exact same issue. There's clearly a design fault in our batch of Jazzes. I am so glad you are back on the road again and at minimal cost. Happy motoring.

Tags:

anything