Author Topic: Air filter lid screw specification  (Read 1490 times)

GuardianAngel

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004 Jazz 1.4 SE
Air filter lid screw specification
« on: February 05, 2018, 08:26:05 PM »
I went to change my air filter but some of the heads have started to corrode and probably need the heads drilling off. Does anyone know the spec of the screws? Many thanks in advance.

GuardianAngel

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Re: Air filter lid screw specification
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 09:20:12 PM »
They might be M5 x 16mm screws, but if anyone knows better then let me know, cheers.

guest5079

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 02:59:44 PM »
I have gone around our Jazz and replaced non load bearing bolts with stainless steel ones as and when I get to a rusting one. I know others have done the same.

guest1372

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 05:34:53 PM »
Yes, had the same with nearest ones losing head definition (and me probably doing them up too tight) leading to replacement. Just checked and it's M5 X 15mm (or 16mm) although I originally used a stainless M6 machine screw and new nut - the holes have enough clearance.  Just been out, loosened them all, added a drip of oil on each and retightened them.
--
TG

[attachment deleted by admin]

GuardianAngel

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 08:34:19 PM »
Yes, had the same with nearest ones losing head definition (and me probably doing them up too tight) leading to replacement. Just checked and it's M5 X 15mm (or 16mm) although I originally used a stainless M6 machine screw and new nut - the holes have enough clearance.  Just been out, loosened them all, added a drip of oil on each and retightened them.
--
TG

Many thanks. Will order some tonight  :D

Tags:

anything