Author Topic: Is there a setting to make mirrors fold once ignition is off?  (Read 6372 times)

guest7173

Is there a setting to make mirrors fold once ignition is off?
« on: October 12, 2017, 06:38:18 PM »
I have a button in my Jazz Hybrid HS IMA 2013 which folds electric mirrors and then unfolds them if I press it second time. Is there a way to make them fold once ignition is off and open once ignition is on again?

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Is there a setting to make mirrors fold once ignition is off?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 06:42:45 PM »
I think you will have to fold them in before you turn the ignition off.
Then press the button again so when the ignition is turned back on the mirrors with fold back out.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

guest5545

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 07:02:21 PM »
If you fold the mirrors in and then turn off BUT leave the ignition key in the accessory position and then press the mirror fold button again, when you next start up the mirrors will fold out automatically.  This, for me is much better than the fully automatic mirrors that I have had in the past, where having folded them in to park close to a wall (for instance), the auto magic unfolding has led to scratched mirror covers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 07:46:27 PM »
My wife only rarely folds her mirrors, so she prefers the 'non-auto' way of doing it.  However she drove into a parking spot once and folded them, but then when we returned to car I drove it, I was signalling to turn off carpark into road and I wondered what the bright orange flashing light was in my right eye - I hadn't unfolded the mirrors and the indicator LED's were facing backwards - dohhhhhhhh !
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 09:35:42 PM »
I was signalling to turn off carpark into road and I wondered what the bright orange flashing light was in my right eye - I hadn't unfolded the mirrors and the indicator LED's were facing backwards - dohhhhhhhh !

I do that, at least, once a week!  ::)

The indicator display, is very impressive, after dark......  ;)
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

Tags: