Author Topic: Autonomous vehicles.  (Read 2996 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2006 GD5 Jazz 1.2 i-DSi S in Vivid Blue Pearl
Re: Autonomous vehicles.
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2018, 06:41:36 AM »
you simply cannot have a system that ignores stationary objects
That's what the driver's there for! Autopilot is only an assistance. Only a moron trusts it with their life (or the lives of others).

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2018, 09:27:39 AM »
you simply cannot have a system that ignores stationary objects
That's what the driver's there for! Autopilot is only an assistance. Only a moron trusts it with their life (or the lives of others).

But other autonomous systems have to ignore stationary objects as well,  otherwise they could not operate - but most of them rely on digital 3D mapping to tell the controls system where street furniture is,  but as I posted a while ago only one wrong pixel in the millions (billions) required has to be wrong and the whole plan is up the kyber.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2006 GD5 Jazz 1.2 i-DSi S in Vivid Blue Pearl
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2018, 09:43:31 AM »
But there are no autonomous systems out there, apart from research vehicles, which all have a driver.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2018, 10:25:54 AM »
But there are no autonomous systems out there, apart from research vehicles, which all have a driver.

And that is likely to be the case for a long, long, long, long............................................ time yet.

https://qz.com/1064004/self-driving-cars-still-cant-mimic-the-most-natural-human-behavior/

They are not called a driver,  they are called a technician or some such obfuscation, keep the hype going at all costs  :-X
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 12:49:20 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Ralph

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2018, 01:10:55 PM »
Just seen this and thought it might interest apologys if its already been posted

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-44460980/this-car-is-on-autopilot-what-happens-next

Tags:

anything