Author Topic: Water leak  (Read 9932 times)

philskynet

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 si
Water leak
« on: February 05, 2017, 09:39:53 AM »
Hi all
For some reason after rain my front n/s footwell carpets are drenched!.. descided to investigate, took seat out, peeled back carpet to expose the bulkhead and ran the hosepipe on the roof.. straight away I could see water running down but can I he'll locate the access point of the water.. there is a big rubber on the bulkhead with wires going into the car and just to iiliminate that I smeared it will a shed load of clear silicone but still the problem persists.. anyone else have or has had the same issue? Ps also had the wiper motor cover off to see if there was any blockage! It seems to be trickling thru the bulkhead thru the seams and gathering at the floor if that makes sense
Thanks in advance

philskynet

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 si
Re: Water leak
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 09:40:55 AM »
Sorry forgot to mention 2006 mk2👍

guest6991

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 02:07:45 AM »
Ive been having that problem for different causes.

The first one is old rubber seal. the rubber that your door press is weary and needs replacement or even better you can fit a rubber hose inside, this way it will gain strength and water won't get in again.

the second is the hot air system. If you look from the engine side, you will notice two hoses, trough this hoses is flowing hot water (or engine coolant). inside your vehicle you will have some kind of radiator, that helps to heat air inside the car when you need it. well if this system breaks you will have a lot of fluid inside your car, and it will loose engine coolant as well. If you don't need hot air, you can unplug those hoses on the engine side and link them, so water will flow back to the engine's radiator. If you need hot air, you better get your car to a mechanic.

hope is the first one. cheers!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 06:54:07 AM »
One thing to consider, and I have experienced this with other cars over the years, is the cabin air intake. This is a chamber under the front of the windscreen. It is basically a box, the outside air entering through the top and being drawn into the cabin through the side. In the bottom there are drains, usually one either side, which allows rain water to escape. These can, particularly if you park under or near trees, get blocked. This allows rain water to accumulate until it flows out the port in the side of the chamber and in to the heater/cabin. The same thing happens if you wash the car or use a hose to check for leaks!
It is normally just a case of removing the covering grill and poking a bit of wire into the drain to clear it. Water usually issues from below the bodywork behind the front wheels. Definitely worth checking.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 06:26:24 PM »
I go with the cabin filter its a fav issue with wet floors not only on Jazz but other manufacturers, also check the condition of the filter -its located behind the glove box and can be checked out within 5 mins .

jm0128

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2010
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2024, 06:30:32 PM »
Any solution to this ?  I have water collecting high up in the left corner of the  bulkhead- it only runs down when you drive car and it spills down. Not coolant . Tackled through engine bay , all drains clear. Doesn’t leak when hose used for ages but obviously collecting high up in metal plate under the dash.
Any ideas mark 2 Jazz ?
James

Tags: