Author Topic: Climate Control  (Read 2580 times)

guest6316

Climate Control
« on: October 10, 2016, 08:53:39 AM »
Can any Mk 3 owner confirm my suspicions that the 'clicking' noise I hear outside the car whilst engine running is related to the A/C valve.
I don't think its a problem, but there's that niggle at the back of your mind.
I ask the question because my previous Jazz also had Climate Control and I don't recall hearing it on that one.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Re: Climate Control
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 09:11:02 AM »
You are probably hearing the A/C compressor clutch cycling. The system will engage and disengage the compressor as required to maintain the requested temperature and also in car humidity.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 09:40:22 AM by Deeps »

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 09:50:43 AM »
Yes Deeps.
That's because this Jazz has a fixed capacity scroll-type A/C compressor. Other cars adopt piston compressor with variable capacity feature, and the requested temperature is obtained variyng the capacity, so the pressure and the quantity of the pumped cold fluid.
Scroll compressors are less noisy and they drag less power from the engine, but they can work only in on/off mode; piston compressors can vary their capacity so the clutch does not cylcle, and this is a good thing for a good driving feeling.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 09:54:32 AM by jazzaro »

guest6316

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 10:06:17 AM »
Thanks guys, the mind is at rest now  ;)

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 10:51:38 AM »
Ya, definetly the noise you hear comes from the clutch, engaging or disengaging.
And it's not depending from the climate-control,  also manual A/C will work in the same way.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 12:18:52 PM by jazzaro »

Tags:

anything