Author Topic: Mudflaps  (Read 3704 times)

guest816

Mudflaps
« on: July 28, 2009, 06:33:48 PM »
I have a set of mudflaps for my 2005 Jazz which I bought from Ebay. The trouble is I bought them separately, i.e. front set from one seller and the rear set from another. The rear ones were advertised for a 2005 Jazz and they came with instructions, clips and screws to secure the mudflaps. I then bought the front set which were advertised for 2002-2004 model, thinking these should fit a 2005 model. The mudflaps and screw holes all align perfectly but I don't have the screws/ clips to secure because they did not come with these. The seller who claims to be a Honda dealer says that the instructions that he has for another identical set says to use the original screws from the car. I have taken one of the screws out from the car and as far as I can see it would be impossible to reuse the screws as they simply will not go through the mudflaps screw holes. I have contacted my local Honda dealer who says that the 2002-2004 mudflaps do come with screws/ clips etc. Does anyone know if my local Honda dealer is right? If so, where can I buy the secure kit separately. I need to be sure that I am right before I give the guy a negative feedback. Thanks for all your help.

guest229

• Topic Starter
Re: Mudflaps
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 07:22:02 AM »
I  fitted a front and rear mudflaps bought from a Honda dealer about a year ago, included in the pack were a pack of screws for fitting the fronts and a pack for fitting the rears. Unfortunately I cannot recall anything about screw lengths however I can recall that when fitting the fronts you are required to use a push pin to" pilot drill "the plastic fixing whilst in situ and screw the supplied screws into them!!( sounds strange but it did work.) The supplied screws were of self tapping variety with inbuilt flat washer ,black japanned. Hope this helps.

guest816

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 03:11:21 PM »
You are absolutely right in the way the screws are used to secure the front mudflaps.

I didn't have much luck with the dealer near where we live where they told me that they don't sell the screws separately. Anyway, I saw a Honda dealer selling front mudflaps but I contacted them if they sold the screws separately. Well, not only did they have the screws but they also posted them to me free of charge with the instructions. Just want to say a really huge thank you to David of Johnsons Honda in Milton Keynes. Thank you, thank you.

guest229

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 07:24:20 AM »
Glad you resolved the issue of front flaps securement after any confusion caused. I would "cultivate" Johnsons you don't get that kind of service very often these days.

Tags: