Author Topic: Honda Jazz/Fit Parts Compatibility ?  (Read 3137 times)

guest6128

Honda Jazz/Fit Parts Compatibility ?
« on: May 19, 2016, 09:30:14 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I've been happily driving my 03 Honda fit for a few months when it recently developed a gearbox issue (its a 1.3 auto), I had some juddering and on further inspection I couldn't get it above 3rd gear. After doing some research I found that all Fits from around then have a CVT gearbox, mine clearly doesn't as I can hear it shift through the gears. My question here is, what are my options in terms of replacing the gear box ? Is an Auto box from a Jazz of the same era compatible with a Fit or vice versa ? I've found a few Jazz gearboxes, but no Fit ones. Any advice here would be much appreciated.

JRHPNG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 Honda Jazz Sport 1.5 (The Hondarari)
Re: Honda Jazz/Fit Parts Compatibility ?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 07:33:34 AM »
Different markets had different boxes,  CVT, non cvt and manual. Japanese Fits have the same CVT box the nz GD3s have.

I'm pretty sure if you look at your chassis plate it will give you the gearbox model, look for a straight swap in.
You only live once - Enjoy your life...

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 12:00:42 PM »
What market is your Honda Fit from? Is it right hand drive? Wikipedia claims Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) automatic Fits came with 'regular CVT' (1.3 litre engine) or CVT-7 (1.5-litre engine).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Fit#Drivetrain_and_platform

guest6128

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 11:43:03 PM »
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies, very useful. Car was imported in 2009, Im the second owner since the import, the car came from Japan originally. It's a 1.3 model so it would seem that it should be a CVT, as mentioned before it doesn't sound like a typical CVT to me which had me thinking that someone may have imported it, had an issue with the CVT box and replaced with a Jazz Auto box which I'm guessing was a normal 4 speed auto one. The car is currently in the garage and the mechanic is on the hunt for a gearbox for it.

Tags:

anything