Author Topic: rear demister button and ac button not working  (Read 1822 times)

gd1jazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz and 1995 civic
rear demister button and ac button not working
« on: March 31, 2016, 02:00:02 PM »
 :-[ hi I have just installed a double din satnav/radio into my wife's 2007 gd1.
while fitting the unit it was installed then taken out for adjustment a couple of times.
And yes I did this with out disconnecting the battery all was good until finale install not a can't get the rear demister button or are con button to function?  :-[
I have been through the fuse box in the car and changed all the 20a fuse and 7.5a fuse's am I missing something, because the buttons still do not work???
can some please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guest5589

Re: rear demister button and ac button not working
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 05:59:49 PM »
What happens when you press those buttons? the lights come on? if not you might have left something unplugged behind the facia.

guest1372

Re: rear demister button and ac button not working
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 09:58:26 PM »
Could be one of the plugs behind the switches - one of the pins may have been pushed out a small way. I'd remove the head unit panel again, then start things up and try it while wiggling things, or using a multimeter. Unplug the connections and push the wires in to ensure the contacts are fully seated before reconnecting.

There may also be a common ground wire that has been left out when changing over to your new head unit.

The wiring diagrams 7 & 18 might help.

At least you know how to remove it easily now, I've seen quite a few failed attempts with lever marks when the two screws have not been removed.
--
TG

Tags:

anything