Author Topic: Wallpaper  (Read 3096 times)

Ricardo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz Sport Petrol Manual Transm.
Wallpaper
« on: January 22, 2016, 03:57:12 PM »
OK, I give up.
I've been playing with this "Infotainment System" for a few days now and its got me beat.
I'm not dumb when it comes to things technological.
But try as I may I cannot find a way to display the wallpaper on the screen.
Its easy to SET UP wallpaper and add an analogue clock to it for example, but whats the point of being able to set the darn thing if you can't then display it?
I have to say considering the demographic in the UK at least that Honda have really got their work cut out selling this car. The elderly just ain't gonna have a clue how to use it and there are gonna be crashes a-plenty with people looking at the screen trying to figure stuff out instead of looking where they are going.
Anyway, rant over - has anybody found out how to display wallpaper instead of the normal screen when playing music for example, there's nothing in any of the 600-odd pages of instructions.

Edit: After another hour of playing around I finally found out how to display the wallpaper!
If, for example you have the radio playing and its displaying the station details etc, you hit the Home button, then go to Info, then hit the Menu button and there is the option there.
So now you can have, for example, Galaxy background with an analog clock in the centre displaying whilst you listen to your chosen audio source.
It will come as no surprise to hear that if you change source you have to do the same again to get the wallpaper back.
Talk about bury it deep! Where is the logic of going to Info to change the display???
They have seriously got to look at the way this stuff works....
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 05:44:13 PM by Ricardo »

guest5643

Re: Wallpaper
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 05:38:13 PM »
I haven't figured out how to turn off the headlights yet,so displaying wallpaper on the annoyingtainment screen will have to wait  ;).One thing I would like to disable is the (I think it's called)Lock screen that displays every time the misinfotainment system boots up,having to press OK and read a message about responsible vehicle use really is annoying.I hope someone can help with your problem.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 06:04:54 PM »
Don't think you can disable the 'legal page' by pressing OK you take responsibility for your actions whilst driving and as such will not be able to sue Honda if you have an accident.
I have the same with my Garmin legal page first.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Ricardo

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz Sport Petrol Manual Transm.
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 10:12:14 PM »
Trebor's right, apparently its an EU requirement (according to my sales guy), and you definately are stuck with it, as Trebor says, just the same as a satnav. I have a Garmin unit - they are all similar

guest1372

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 12:15:11 AM »
It would be interesting to know which Pioneer model the current Jazz unit is derived from, considering many other manufacturers also use them, and there may be untapped capabilities. My fear is that Honda may not keep up with Pioneer when it comes to updates if any.

> hold down power+home+eject
> choose 'detail information & setting'
> hold 'menu' until new menu appears
> choose 'vehicle model information'

--
TG

guest907

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 11:41:26 AM »
My Nissan Infotainment system boots straight to map or whatever I'd switched off using...no legal message.

Tags:

anything