Author Topic: Rear Wash Wiper Motor Not Working  (Read 8487 times)

guest5585

Rear Wash Wiper Motor Not Working
« on: August 12, 2015, 06:26:07 PM »
I've not had the car that long and have just got used to where everything is, but have noticed the rear wash motor doesn't work at all.

The front work fine as they should and water pumps to both the front and rear, I have checked the voltage coming through the back to the motor with a test meter and get nothing and with the motor out of the car have tested the 2 motor terminals with a 9v battery and get a little movement so I guess the motor works.

I've searched on here and found 1 other thread that mentioned fuse placements in regard to the rear motor but mine is different so I've scanned the back of the cover.

http://

All fuses seem to be good too at a glance.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
Re: Rear Wash Wiper Motor Not Working
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 10:37:04 PM »
i think it is the same motor for front and back so i would be checking pipes that might have come loose and not fuses or it might be different on the gd than the ge

i had a back tube come off a previous car (not honda) and the boot carpet got really wet as the tube had come off
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 10:40:00 PM by monkeydave »

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 01:58:28 AM »
monkeydave, re-read.

I know it's not clear, but it's the wiper, rather than the wash, that isn't working (as far as I can tell)

Fuse No. 21 (rectangular window icon) looks like the rear wiper.
Fuse No. 10 (fan-shaped window icon) would be the front wiper.

Pull 21 and take a very good look. Else it'll be time to take the steering wheel cowling off and looking at the switch stalk. (Observe precautions re Airbags)

martinandsue

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2011 Hybrid HS
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 03:41:43 PM »
Mk1 Jazz rear wiper motors were known for the magnets inside the motor coming unstuck. This happened to my sons and I stripped down the motor and stuck the magnets in place with some epoxy adhesive.  8)

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 04:14:47 PM »
But if a magnet came unstuck it would surely still work? It'd just be very slow, lame and clattery?!

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 05:42:52 PM »
monkeydave, re-read.

I know it's not clear, but it's the wiper, rather than the wash, that isn't working (as far as I can tell)

Fuse No. 21 (rectangular window icon) looks like the rear wiper.
Fuse No. 10 (fan-shaped window icon) would be the front wiper.

Pull 21 and take a very good look. Else it'll be time to take the steering wheel cowling off and looking at the switch stalk. (Observe precautions re Airbags)

he said wash motor not wiper motor

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 07:49:30 PM »
He did indeed.

but then he says "water pumps both to front and rear" and stuff about taking the rear motor out and a little movement.

Just covering all bases.

guest4324

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 08:04:34 PM »
Maybe stillcool can clarify if it's the wash motor or the wiper motor because I'm not sure either.

guest5585

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 08:51:52 PM »
Thanks for the replies all of you, yes it's the REAR WIPER MOTOR not working, there is no power going to it and I've checked the fuses 21 & 10 and they are good.

I've taken 3 screws out of the underside of the steering column cowling to get to the wiper stalk, but can't get the cowling apart, does it clip together somehow ?

guest6371

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2016, 12:51:07 PM »
Hi,
Did you find a fix for this problem?
I have exactly the same on a 2008 1.2 Jazz.
There is no power getting to the wiper motor, I have tried a new column switch and the fuse is fine.
I have put a separate power source to the motor and it works fine.
I cannot find which is the relay for the motor, have tried Honda dealers with no joy.
Thanks

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 09:36:21 PM »
I have exactly the same on a 2008 1.2 Jazz.
There is no power getting to the wiper motor, I have tried a new column switch and the fuse is fine.
I have put a separate power source to the motor and it works fine.
I cannot find which is the relay for the motor, have tried Honda dealers with no joy.
There's some info and wiring diagrams here > http://www.hondafitjazz.com/body_windows_wipers.html
The wiring diagrams do not show a relay, just the two fuses in the under-dash fusebox #10 (20A) pump & #21 (10A) for the motor although they also power the front wipers, washer and window control unit. 
Is your car one with an intermittent rear wipe as there are slight differences in the wiring and the control module depends on both fuses. 

There are a couple of connectors between the switch and the motor, it's possible that one has corroded or the flex in the cable at the hatch opening has caused a wire break.  If you can check the continuity of the green, light green, and black wires you might be able to narrow down the fault or maybe run a replacement wire.
--
TG

Tags:

anything