Author Topic: Swapping the radio & CD  (Read 7242 times)

guest206

Swapping the radio & CD
« on: November 11, 2007, 09:56:00 AM »
Anyone tried swapping the original radio & CD to something aftermarket?
If so - how hard was it?

guest102

• Topic Starter
Re: Swapping the radio & CD
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 02:34:34 PM »
As the existing radio facia forms part of the dash and heater controls you would have to retain most of the existing one and ‘cut’ an appropiate arpeture in it to house the replacement. Having done that wiring should be fairly straightforward.
I have a spare radio/casette facia which you can have for £10+ p&p if you dont want to murder your existing one ….. that way if the wheel comes off you could just put your existing one back ..

guest206

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 07:02:55 PM »
Thanks for the offer  ;)
Wondering if anyone has fitted the below kit you can get that is fitted to the Japanese Fit Jazz ?

guest174

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 08:45:22 AM »
[quote:2ulogz8t]“As the existing radio facia forms part of the dash and heater controls you would have to retain most of the existing one and ‘cut’ an appropiate arpeture in it to house the replacement. Having done that wiring should be fairly straightforward.
I have a spare radio/casette facia which you can have for £10+ p&p if you dont want to murder your existing one ….. that way if the wheel comes off you could just put your existing one back .”[/quote]

Or, you can go to your local Honda dealer and buy a orginal faceplate to be able to put in a 2DIN unit. You could even get a little box to put in there if you choose to use only a 1DIN unit…

I’ve done it. Now this weekend I started to put in my new Pioneer AVIC-HD3BT (AVIC-Z2 in the US).

guest206

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 11:57:00 AM »
Thanks for that

Think I will probably get an ipod connection kit to fit the CD changer port on the back of the unit. Seems to be the easiest option.

guest174

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 07:37:09 PM »
I have just swapped my stock CD&Radio with a new unit. I selected a Pioneer AVIC-HD3BT (AVIC-Z2 in the US). This is a unit that can play, Audio-CD (and stores them on the Harddriver), MP3 from CD-R, DVD movies, it has FM and AM radio, GPS navigation system with maps for all the Europe (in my unit), voice recocnition, voice command, voice guiding in navigation, Bluetooth for handsfree mobilphone operations and lots more. I have also added a USB adapter so I can play MP3 files directly from a USB-disc or USB-memory pin.

The installation was easy, but you need to get a new face panel for your car first. I ordered a orginal 2DIN Face Panel from my local Honda dealer. Part no 08B00-SAA-611B for my Honda Jazz 1.4LS GD1 (2007). And I have this automatic (electronic) AC system.
Pictures of the unit can be seen here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/f0nix/sets/72157603401544241/

guest206

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 08:15:22 PM »
looks very impressive!

guest224

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 03:45:00 PM »
I have fitted a double din sat nav to my right hand drive jazz.

also got the steering wheel controls to work !!!!!!!

Tags: