Author Topic: Auto-Folding Side Mirrors on the Jazz  (Read 14965 times)

amghosted

• Approved Member
    • View Profile
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid HS & Jazz Sport
Re: Auto-Folding Side Mirrors on the Jazz
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2017, 12:31:05 PM »
Hi Jazzter

Many thanks for that tip, you're correct its a plastic tab which is part of the connector that you push in and then pull the body of the connector to get it out, easy when you know how. It can just be seen in the photo

Now I have the connector and cable loose, they don't leave much spare cable for you cut and crimp the new cables too. I was hoping the cable would protrude through the opening but looks like you have to manage to re-crimp inside the opening.

It looks like I'm almost ready to wire it all up, just need to find a day when I'm happy to spend an hour on my knees!

Thanks

amghosted

• Approved Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2017, 04:55:28 PM »
Hi All,

Finally got around to fitting the closing door module, so many thanks to everyone that has help contribute to this diy as it has made it much easier to install.

Pretty impressed with the module, all in all with the module, couple of Molex plugs and sockets, fuse piggy backs, it came to around 15 all in and a couple of hours fiddling about etc well worth the effort,

Cheers

Gary

Legsmaniac

• Approved Member
    • View Profile
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX iVTEC
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2017, 06:18:13 PM »
Nice one! Care to share further details for the benefit of anyone coming across this?
Actual link to the module, parts used, wiring diagram, wire colours used/cut and location, fuse box numbers etc?    :-)

amghosted

• Approved Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2017, 03:23:36 PM »
Hi

The first post in this DIY explains all on how to install the mirror module and the fuses to use etc. The main difference was that like someone else I also used the fuse piggy back adapters so not to have to wrap wire around a fuse.

Here's the link to the module that I purchased and it's installation diagram is the same as the one in the first post.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intelligent-Car-Side-Rear-View-Mirror-Module-Auto-Closer-System-by-ACC-211-UK/262754402471?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Here's the link to the 4 piggy back connectors
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4Pcs-Add-a-Circuit-Fuse-Tap-Micro-Auto-Mini-Blade-Piggy-Back-Fuse-Holder-10A/272728478477?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I tried to take a photo after the install but it's not that clear but I've attached it anyway. All it really shows is the four piggy back connectors in the fuse block, the module has a double sided sticky pad and so that has been attached to the left side of the opening access panel, haven't driven the car since I instlled it so I dont know if the cables will rattle or not so I have a tyewrap ready just in case. Remember I already had a few Molex connectors which were used on the cut wires Yellow and Grey which means the item can be removed if it caused issues.

Cheers

Gary

Tags:

anything