Author Topic: 2005 Jazz floor carpets (not mats)  (Read 3169 times)

guest765

2005 Jazz floor carpets (not mats)
« on: January 17, 2013, 08:53:41 AM »
Anyone had to change the basic (poor quality)floor coverings? are they a fitted unit or is there a way to replace the originals......... :'(

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
Re: 2005 Jazz floor carpets (not mats)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 01:19:10 PM »
Well, they are not glued down like some French cars.  I had a look at the fitted carpet with a view to fitting some better sound-deadening material between the floor steel and the carpet.  It is a very inflexible moulding and fiddly to remove.  Apart from the seats, the centre moulding has to come out, as well as the sills.  Under the carpet is some thin stiff foam.

I replaced it with some material sourced from the local agent of this US firm:  http://store.secondskinaudio.com/

But it is doable.
If music be the food of love, play on

guest765

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 02:11:55 PM »
Chris many thanks for the info, but i was looking mainly for a top final finish carpet as i have a lot of the thick rubber underlay left over from a new carpet job in the house.....i am going to initially glue the rubber underlay to the steel (newly painted) floor then put some of this "carpet" made for cars on the top with the JAZZ logo mats on top........this should give me a much quieter environment to be in .....its my wife's car and she doesn't even realise how noisy it is......  :-X 

chrisc

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 03:28:34 PM »
What about the carpet tiles that are sold for offices?  Very cheap, very strong (even resist dropped cigarettes in the past) and a big range of colours.  I got some charcoal tiles that, when cut up and fitted, looked smart.  You can mould them to corners by applying a heat gun to the material

guest3250

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 04:32:54 PM »
One of the special 'treats' I was given by my 'wonderfull' Honda dealer    >:(
was some Car Mats!!! Wow - hold me back !!
They weren't new though! and are not all that special - so I too will get some decent Floor tiles and cut them to fit - which is what I have done on my previous 2 cars very successfully.
They last longer and are just fine for the job.

chrisc

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 05:47:20 PM »
My neighbour who also has a Jazz got some "free" mats.  When she looked closely, they had Ford on the top corner.  She was all set to return them but I managed to change her mind.  Even Ford mats are better than no mats and I am sure they come from the same factory in China

Tags: