Author Topic: hmm in the search for more power  (Read 2095 times)

guest2765

hmm in the search for more power
« on: May 10, 2012, 09:07:36 AM »
any idea if there are any of these "power" chips that work with a jazz and actually give a power boost (aka dont scam you for nothing different to the original power)?

and on another note...ive another question, anyone seen this before:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Supercharger-Turbo-Civic-Jazz-Accord-Fit-/300696591260?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4602e9db9c
? if so anyone tried it to see if it does help performance? (as im considering the k&n induction kit..if this does work it may be worth it for the extra power....IF....big if really in this day and age)

thanks all

guest869

• Topic Starter
Re: hmm in the search for more power
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 08:01:25 PM »
My view is a chip will work on a turbo but not give worthwhile gains on a NA engine. The fueling should be optimised on modern engines.

I would doubt that the electric supercharger will work. The unit looks too small. Do some basic calcs on airflow. You know the engine capacity, so can work out the air consumption at say 5,000 rpm. This will be quite a high figure. Now do a search for fans with that airflow capacity and see what size they are and what power they consume.

I think a company called Zetec was developing an electric supercharger years ago. Not sure what happened to it.

Tags:

anything