Author Topic: Handbrake adjusted?  (Read 2730 times)

guest2765

Handbrake adjusted?
« on: May 02, 2012, 08:42:59 AM »
Just wondering how many people have had their handbrake adjusted?

Mines wasnt tight enough, was going up 8ish clicks, so it has been tightened and tested until it was down to 4 clicks now no problems since, just wondering if anyone else has had this done? as my handbrake now feels tighter when pulling up, ive checked a few times and still only 4 clicks (i prefer not hearing the clicks but its nice to test it once a week) - had this done as noticed how far i had to pull it up and after reading honestjohn's thing about the jazz's handbrake becoming quite slack after a 5 years. (have to agree it was compaired to how it is now and was a simple adjustment with 2 screwdrivers by a mechanic)

dg

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2002 1.4 SE + 2015 1.3 S
Re: Handbrake adjusted?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 12:58:13 PM »

guest2765

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 12:18:43 AM »
pfft haha im sure i could pull the handbrake up 7 clicks if i really wanted to, honda mechanic seen nothing wrong with my hand brake :) would have said otherwise XD..stiff enough to hold the car at 4 clicks

Aitcho

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 12:39:01 PM »
pfft haha im sure i could pull the handbrake up 7 clicks if i really wanted to, honda mechanic seen nothing wrong with my hand brake :) would have said otherwise XD..stiff enough to hold the car at 4 clicks

Just tried the handbrake on my 2011 GE and it comes fully on after 4-clicks, this is how it came from the factory and it has never been adjusted or even gone in for a service yet.

Tags: