Author Topic: GE Rear Fog Light  (Read 5573 times)

kotarou

• Approved Member
    • Fit Fans
  • My Honda: Honda FIT GE6 Flex BRDM
GE Rear Fog Light
« on: July 28, 2011, 11:59:18 AM »
Hi,

I'm doing some research on the European GE fog lights and I have some doubts about the rear fog light.

I'm in Brazil and here the rear fog it's not mandatory, however I changed my taillights for the european ones (Germany - The fog os on the Left).
http://clubjazz.org/forum/new-members/brazilian-ge6/

Just by looking on some installation instructions for the Fog Light Kit, I couldn't find anything for the rear fog, just how to use it with the new stalk from the kit.

So based on that, does it means that all Jazz (GE) in europe have the rear fog?
Do you know how is it wired to the fuse box? (Schematics)

Actually, I dont have any fog lights but I'm planning to install them.
The front ones the wiring and installation are the same, but for the rear I'll have to wire it from the back to the fuse box (if possible) and use on the stalk (which could be quite complex).

Could you please give me a hand on this small project?
Honda Fit LX MT Flex (Gas/Ethanol) GE6 - NH700M / Pivot 3Drive Alpha / PIAA Northern Star White / Aquaclean / PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow / Honda EuroHorn / Honda EU Fog Lights LHD Kit / Honda EU BT Kit

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
Re: GE Rear Fog Light
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 09:02:27 PM »
Try here: http://www.hondafitjazz.com/body_wiring_system.htm
I am not sure what years of cars are covered.

kotarou

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
    • Fit Fans
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 11:58:02 AM »
DV, That's great, but apparently it coves only the GD model.

Does any body know if there is a specific fuse on the fusebox for the rear fog?
Honda Fit LX MT Flex (Gas/Ethanol) GE6 - NH700M / Pivot 3Drive Alpha / PIAA Northern Star White / Aquaclean / PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow / Honda EuroHorn / Honda EU Fog Lights LHD Kit / Honda EU BT Kit

Geoffers

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 02:37:47 PM »
Rear Fog Light is fuse number 2!
Front Fog Lights are fuse number 9!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 12:50:05 PM »
recently bought some spare miniblade fuses from Halfords with an LED fitted to light up and show when they have blown.  The circuit they are feeding has to be active thought (ie  switched on) for the LED to work
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 12:51:55 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 02:48:12 PM »
That is clever culzean!

kotarou

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
    • Fit Fans
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 12:12:44 PM »
Rear Fog Light is fuse number 2!
Front Fog Lights are fuse number 9!

The interesting thing is that on the Brazillian model the front fog lights fuse are located on the same position (9).
However the number 2 fuse according to the manual is not used, the ineresting thing is that actually I have the 10A fuse on this position.

The only thing that I have to check now is where the input signal (from the stalk) and the output for the rear fog are located.
But the most important thing is to check if I have the Pin and the functionality on the Fusebox.

Maybe I'm asking too much I think, but does anybody knows where they are located?

Ps. About the fuse with LED, that's an interesting feature and its teh first time I've hearded about it.

Tags:

anything