Author Topic: Battery dead, remote and manual key not working. How can I get into the car?  (Read 2766 times)

Sininen taivas

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz
Hello,

My car's battery is dead. Remote control key and the manual key is not working as well. I can not get into the car.

There is only one key whole on the driver's side. I tried to open the doors with shoe lace. Ended up with breaking door lock pins of the both front doors.

I there any way to get into the car?

I can jump start my car with the help of my friend once I can get the bonnet open. It is possible to open the bonnet from outside of the car?

TIA.

Wilmo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.5 Sport 2018
have seen videos recently on Youtube where the window has been forced down using a lot of duct tape as a handle, for example:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Ki9UTrOLqBc

This might work and then you can open using the interior handle which is mechanical.
Then you open bonnet and jump start.

If the Jazz is like the Civic do NOT have the key in the ignition when you connect the other battery.
It will think it's being stolen and fry the chip in the key.

E27006

• Approved Member
In the Honda owner manual, (the glovebox book), I think there is an emergency entry method, I cannot recall if the method applies to the  cabin or just the petrol filler flap

Tags: