Author Topic: EGR problem  (Read 1557 times)

rekvy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz 2003, 1.4
EGR problem
« on: December 11, 2020, 10:08:28 AM »
Hello guys,

I had preventively cleaned my egr valve with carbon cleaner. Everything seemed to be ok so I put everything together but I forgot tu connect the cable to EGR 8). So I started the car and immediately engine light appeared. So I realized that connector is not connected so I reconnected it. After that I erased the code P0401 and thought everything is working fine. But after roughly 50 miles engine light appears again, with the same code and this keep going forever. If I erase the code it appears again and again and again. Car is running just fine without any problem! Can some help me what to do? Jazz 1.4 61kw 2003. Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 12:24:13 PM by rekvy »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: EGR problem
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 10:19:01 AM »
Check connector and use electrical lubricant on the pins and socket.

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 04:16:46 PM »
As Jocko said, can’t see it being anything else. I just cleaned mine and sprayed the connector with Servisol contact cleaner before replacing.

rekvy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 03:49:49 PM »
So I have cleaned the connectors with isoprophyl alcohol and after some miles engine light appeared again but only for couple miles. After 10 miles it dissappeared right away without using diagnostic tool. Now is more than 50 miles and the engine light didn't come up. So it should work ! Thanks.

My other question: can I clean my MAP sensor with valvoline egr cleaner ? Hope it doesn't make small layer on the sensor. Thanks

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2020, 03:53:03 PM »
So I have cleaned the connectors with isoprophyl alcohol and after some miles engine light appeared again but only for couple miles. After 10 miles it dissappeared right away without using diagnostic tool. Now is more than 50 miles and the engine light didn't come up. So it should work ! Thanks.

My other question: can I clean my MAP sensor with valvoline egr cleaner ? Hope it doesn't make small layer on the sensor. Thanks

Glad to hear it seems to be OK now, can't answer your question I am afraid.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2020, 04:58:53 PM »
With these sorts of things, I'm afraid I subscribe to the "if it's not broke, don't mend it" school of thought.

rekvy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2020, 06:44:21 AM »
fair enough! My mechanic recommended me to do it! I guess I will leave MAP sensor for now or I will break it again :) Thanks guys for your help! Appreciated

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2020, 06:58:41 AM »
So I have cleaned the connectors with isoprophyl alcohol
IPA is fine for cleaning, but you need a lubricant like Servisol to ensure the connection remains sound.

Jazzmeister

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk I 2007 Honda Jazz 1.5 CVT
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2020, 10:25:12 AM »
Any kind of contact cleaner that states on the can that it leaves no residue behind works fine.
Mk I 2007 Honda Jazz 1.5 CVT | Previous car - Mk II 2012 Honda Jazz 1.3 Cvt

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2020, 11:24:30 AM »
Any kind of contact cleaner that states on the can that it leaves no residue behind works fine.

I think the OP was wanting to squirt something into the sensor, I don't think I would be putting anything like that into small dead end holes. There's usually a diaphragm of some sort in there, and you don't know how a solvent cleaner may react with it.

Tags:

anything