Author Topic: Odd incident - Blue flashing light adjacent to blue temperature indicator on mk3  (Read 1707 times)

FredS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 jazz EX Navi manual
Tonight for the first time in two years and 9000 miles I had a blue flashing light about where the auto-idle indicator light is located (just below and towards the centre of the rev counter). This occurred in addition to the blue low temperature light and ceased when the blue low temperature went out. This occurred over a short distance changing up and down the manual gearbox and then parked at idle (once) went I tried to see what was flashing.
I have looked in the owners manual and cannot find any reference to a blue flashing light on instrument panel.
Has this or something like this happened to anyone else?
Any ideas whats going on or what it means?

FredS

ps Just remembered search facility so will try that.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Trying to find the cause for a seemingly random light or warning noise is a nightmare if it’s just a light rather than a symbol. Have a look at the instrument panel picture on page 11 of the manual to see if you can identify it, that’ll give you a clue about what to search for.

SteveOne

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Jazz ES+ CVT
Could this be a badly shielded bulb/led ?
I had a Capri where the oil indicator would come on at random times - and one day I noticed it was lighting up in sync with some roadside trees  :o  I traced it to a crack in the instrument cowl/dash that allowed sunlight through and had nothing to do with oil.
You might just have a bulb/led out of position.  I have no idea why it might be flashing though.

FredS

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 jazz EX Navi manual
Thank you ColinB I missed page 11 so went direct to page 83.
Thank you SteveOne you may be on the right line?
I have looked again at the owners manual and at the car itself.
I understand there are only three blue lights on the instrument panel:
low temperature indicator in tachometer
ambient meter around speedometer
high beam indicator

I have done the same journey again today and everything works as normal. No flashing blue light!

I will monitor this and if it occurs again get more information now I have a better idea of what to look for.

Again thank you both for your help

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
Blue flashing light = emergency vehicle!  Some sort of reflection perhaps?

Tags:

anything