Author Topic: Something interesting????  (Read 1242 times)

kevinivtec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ivtec ex i shift auto
Something interesting????
« on: May 29, 2018, 01:33:06 PM »
 hi all
just contacted my local honda dealer regarding my service on the Jazz 1.4 i shift 2010 the car will have done 24500  when i purchased the car sept last year it had only done 16300 miles (only 970 miles from  mot to mot last year!!!) I enquired regarding the supply and install of iridium plugs, they said they would fit them for £175.0, but then told me that all Jazz cars of this year/model are fitted from new with iridium plugs and would be good for 80,000 miles also the gearbox fluid was good for 8 years (mtf fluid) they said under the service plan I would only need a honda 12 service, I contacted Honda Uk Customer service to confirm this, the reason was that if I had these plugs fitted now I would probably not ever have to do the job myself, and would pay the difference between normal and iridium plugs, they replied back stating _ contact your local hand dealer no specific answer whatsoever to my question I asked again  if plugs were fitted new at the factory, and the correct oil for the gearbox and when to change?? again standard reply contact you local dealer DREADFULL!!  I pay £19.50 month for this plan 3 yrs with Honda Just wonder if its really worth it?? and do the service myself??? what are the forums thoughts??? also I see that coxs motors have for sale 4 iridium plugs for the jazz for £68.97  makes me think if  we are being ripped off???, I see that my final service would be hond 12 + that means air filter/ pollen filter change  as well ???? total £702. 3 yrs?????? is it worth it ?????

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Something interesting????
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 02:00:20 PM »
hi all
just contacted my local honda dealer regarding my service on the Jazz 1.4 i shift 2010 the car will have done 24500  when i purchased the car sept last year it had only done 16300 miles (only 970 miles from  mot to mot last year!!!) I enquired regarding the supply and install of iridium plugs, they said they would fit them for £175.0, but then told me that all Jazz cars of this year/model are fitted from new with iridium plugs and would be good for 80,000 miles also the gearbox fluid was good for 8 years (mtf fluid) they said under the service plan I would only need a honda 12 service, I contacted Honda Uk Customer service to confirm this, the reason was that if I had these plugs fitted now I would probably not ever have to do the job myself, and would pay the difference between normal and iridium plugs, they replied back stating _ contact your local hand dealer no specific answer whatsoever to my question I asked again  if plugs were fitted new at the factory, and the correct oil for the gearbox and when to change?? again standard reply contact you local dealer DREADFULL!!  I pay £19.50 month for this plan 3 yrs with Honda Just wonder if its really worth it?? and do the service myself??? what are the forums thoughts??? also I see that coxs motors have for sale 4 iridium plugs for the jazz for £68.97  makes me think if  we are being ripped off???, I see that my final service would be hond 12 + that means air filter/ pollen filter change  as well ???? total £702. 3 yrs?????? is it worth it ?????

Yeah, all MK2 and later fitted with Iridium plugs,  I changed mine in Civic at just over 60K and noticed a benefit though,  so maybe 80K is too long to leave them in ?  Changed plugs in my wifes MK2 Jazz at just over 60K as well and it seemed smoother and a bit more pep.  Manual transmission oil is good for at least 70k, I just changed Civic box to Castrol Syntrans V-FE 75W-80 (£14 a litre from Opie - 2 litres required) not the easiest job in the world on Civic because of amount of under-guarding - and I still needed to take nearside wheel off and use every socket set extension I possess and a knuckle joint to reach fill and drain plugs - always take fill plug out before removing drain plug in case you let the oil out and then can't refill it    :o  - I had to use an 18" bar to get enough leverage to get fill plug out ).   Gearbox definitely feels smoother.   

It is easier on Jazz.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
Re: Something interesting????
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 03:08:02 PM »
I have never brought a service plan because I shop around and try to get a cheaper service by asking, "Do you offer discounts?" With a plan, you are tied in and no room for discount. Having said that, a service plan allows you to budget and plan on the financial side.

As for the plugs, mine was done at 65k miles by my local independent. Yes, they were around £50 but was fitted as part of the service. The gearbox oil was done at 75k miles . As for technical questions, you better ask for the technical department as the staff at customer service are non technical. Why don't you try calling another Honda dealer?

Tags:

anything