Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Air temperature when heater set to cold
« Last post by Deeps on October 14, 2017, 06:09:38 PM »
It seems that when I,m stuck in traffic and I assume the engine is getting hotter that the cold air is no longer cold

There is an easy check, put your aircon on (engine running), temperature dial to full cold, if you get cold air there is nothing wrong. You should run your aircon for a while once a week to keep it in good condition. Mine is rarely off, you can get the full range of temperatures with the aircon on and the air is dehumidified.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Screen Wash
« Last post by Jocko on October 14, 2017, 05:42:21 PM »
Dipstick is as much use as a chocolate teapot. I just fill mine up into the neck. It is a surprisingly large reservoir, and lasts well.
New Members / Re: My new Jazz
« Last post by Jocko on October 14, 2017, 05:40:45 PM »
Welcome. Glad you are pleased with your car. I love mine.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Screen Wash
« Last post by Ilfracombe on October 14, 2017, 05:39:13 PM »
This is the first car I have owned for 35 years, when there was no such thing as screen wash, so please forgive my basic question.
I bought some screen wash. It says to dilute it 1:12, so I did that. But how do I know how much to put in? There is a dip stick, and an illustration in the manual, but the liquid is  transparent so I can't see it on the dipstick.
New Members / My new Jazz
« Last post by Ilfracombe on October 14, 2017, 05:35:03 PM »
Just bought a 2009 Jazz. Very nice smooth runner. For the past 30 years I've been living in Tokyo, where there is absolutely no need own a car, so this is really my first ever car, or at least the first car I've owned that cost more than fifty quid.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by madasafish on October 14, 2017, 05:18:42 PM »
"Let workers control robots" Says Corbyn.

A way to ensure no-one invests in robots in UK..

Robots do jobs better than workers - not all jobs but some.

Moronic is a kind word to describe that policy.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by sparky Paul on October 14, 2017, 05:03:15 PM »
Love him or hate him, Jeremy Corbyn has just announced some innovative ideas.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41614820

Somebody needs to start thinking differently.
Dealers & Insurance / Re: AA Breakdown Cover - worth a haggle
« Last post by sparky Paul on October 14, 2017, 04:57:56 PM »
I must admit, I will go to all lengths possible in order to avoid talking to anything that resembles a call centre.

I'm sure some of them are very nice people, but it makes me doubly mad when I know exactly what I'm talking about, and they're reading the prompts off a computer screen.
« Last post by Jocko on October 14, 2017, 04:27:31 PM »
I don't have air con, but irrespective of how long I sit in traffic, the air, when it is set to cold, continues to come in at outside ambient. The air is drawn from below the front of the windscreen, not from around the engine.
« Last post by edam on October 14, 2017, 03:33:12 PM »
It seems that when I,m stuck in traffic and I assume the engine is getting hotter that the cold air is no longer cold
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]