Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Wiper Blades
« Last post by culzean on Today at 11:45:46 AM »
https://www.wiperblades.co.uk/honda-jazz-years-2008-to-2017-wiper-blades/

Take your choice.

I have found the Bosch Retro-Fit Aerotwin very satisfactory - much better than the Honda originals.

They are very easy to fit yourself.

I use them good prices and quick delivery, can also second the Bosch Retrofit Aerotwin used them on my Jazz and now on the Civic.

yeah,  Bosch Aerotwin work for me too on both Jazz and Civic
« Last post by Hobo on Today at 10:48:42 AM »

Take your choice.

I have found the Bosch Retro-Fit Aerotwin very satisfactory - much better than the Honda originals.

I use them good prices and quick delivery, can also second the Bosch Retrofit Aerotwin used them on my Jazz and now on the Civic.
New Members / First Jazz
« Last post by DonLorenzo on Today at 10:29:06 AM »
I shall have it at the end of the week (Fri.20thOct.) My 20 year old marvelous, orange CRV has failed it's TUV (German MOT) It is absolutely immaculate, with every extra - automatic, sunroof, sidebars, towing hitch, picnic table, recent summer and winter tyres, exhaust and rad. everything in complete working order, fully serviced by Honda BUT, inside the cills rust has been silently working away and it is, so I'm told, beyond repair.
I'm down-sizing to a jazz which has to be an automatic, difficult to find in this part of the world, its a bit older than I wanted but has only done 90,000km (60,000 miles, one owner, full Honda service history). Here I go.

« Last post by zzaj on Today at 10:24:57 AM »

Take your choice.

Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Honda Service Reminder System
« Last post by auntyneddy on Today at 10:14:47 AM »
We have a 2010 EX I shift. The service book said gearbox oil change at 6 yrs. The I shift is basically a manual box and as far as I can see it is only the casing that is different to a straight manual. I bought 2 litres of Honda MTF 3 for 20 16 plus carriage off Cox motor parts and my local garage did the change. It doesn't take a full 2 litres
I purposely did not go to the dealer from whom I bought the car because they didn't even know how to check the level on an I shift and I dread to think what they would have charged  for the gearbox fluid and unless a Honda dealer knows a wrinkle it was not as straight forward as it first appeared.
If you know of a competent local garage I would suggest you go to them. My garage charged a total of one hours labour and that included the gearbox change, oil and oil filterchange and a couple of little bits that I can't get to  ( AGE)
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 09:50:12 AM »
My car is a manual not CVT
My mistake.
« Last post by chrisjazz89 on Today at 09:25:00 AM »
My car is a manual not CVT
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 09:18:56 AM »
Perhaps it has something to do with the difficulties Honda UK seems to be having with supplies of the appropriate CVT fluid.
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=9509.msg52638#new
« Last post by chrisjazz89 on Today at 08:42:20 AM »
Thanks - it's a bit annoying they didn't even bring it to my attention. I usually just service my car every 12 months and just assumed Honda would be the same and anything that needed doing then would get done once rather than taking the car back the garage several times in between...

The only true measure of my mpg is when I fill up at the pump (same one every time if possible, and on the same level forecourt) and calculate my mileage for that complete tankful. What the ScanGauge shows me is all relative. The instantaneous read out tells me how I am doing, but is not a definitive figure. The same goes for my daily or trip mpg. It shows me whether I am better or worse than yesterday. It is not a million miles out, but the calculated figure is better (and the average over several tankfuls better still.
The accuracy of the ScanGauge improves with every tankful (calibration adjusted each time you fill up to steadily improve the error), but unfortunately I botched the setup at the beginning of September, and had to do a remedial setup on half a tank, to get reasonable numbers again. Because I only have to fill my tank twice a month it takes a spell before the numbers are accurate again.
The reason I botched things is I was trying to rush on a busy forecourt and stuck too many gallons into the equation! I now fill up, collect my receipt with the numbers I need, then pull into the nearest bay (supermarket car park) to do my sums and enter my data.
So all in all I think the accuracy of the data was the biggest factor, though I have now added a couple more psi to the tyres (they don't get so hot in the winter) and I have developed a modified driving style for dual carriageways, based on controlling my Manifold Absolute Pressure. Every little thing helps.
Regarding the average over several tanks. Fuelly.com, where I record my top ups, gives the average over the last 10 tankfuls, and my figure is currently 60.0 mpg (my Spritmonitor numbers, shown beside my avatar, are for my time of owning the vehicle).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10