Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Air temperature when heater set to cold
« Last post by edam on Today at 05:03:00 PM »
I tried it again this afternoon and you just need to start the air con until the pump starts and switch it off again.
This car is the 5th Jazz I have owned and I DO KNOW HOW TO USE THE CONTROLS
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Honda Service Reminder System
« Last post by JohnAlways on Today at 04:22:02 PM »
I understood the gearbox oil change for a manual box in the GE was 70,000 miles, same for the spark plugs. Done the gearbox oil, psyching myself up for the plugs.
« Last post by Deeps on Today at 03:12:51 PM »
It looks like a 5 sec. burst of Air Con. removes the heat when using the cold setting.
Why this short burst of A/C is so effective makes me wonder if there is a build up of heat in the A/C which disperses when the A/C starts up.
I will leave it till the next service to be checked unless it gets worse

Get them to tell you how to use your heating, cooling, and ventilation system. I don't think the problem is with the car.
Honda & Other Honda Models / Re: 2017 F1 seaons **contains race results**
« Last post by VicW on Today at 03:09:09 PM »
Not specifically Honda but an interesting reading nevertheless.

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/f1/oil-burn-debate-reignites?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MarkHughes&utm_content=RenaultOil

I have had cars that burnt oil but it did nothing for the performance!!

Vic.
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 02:14:07 PM »
The Volvo didn't have Climate Control (well at least on my S40 S), so it was a button for A/C on or off. Not a lot to go wrong!
« Last post by andruec on Today at 02:07:31 PM »
When I had my Volvo, the only time I have had air conditioning, I ran with it on constantly, summer and winter. It keeps the air in the car nice and dry and early experiments, using or not using it, made no appreciable difference to my mpg.
I have climate control in mine and I leave it set to 18 degrees and auto during the summer. During the winter I have to override the vent control and select 'feet and screen' because Honda's programming is a bit naff. It only directs the fan to the screen for about a minute on start up then never seems to direct it there again. Consequently the screen mists up.

At least they fixed one bug with the Mk3. Doing this with the Mk2 would cause it to switch to blowing cold air after an hour. Maybe the Mk4 will actually work properly. It shouldn't be too difficult to sense the humidity on the inside of the windscreen.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Honda Service Reminder System
« Last post by jazzway on Today at 01:47:25 PM »
Thanks - it's a bit annoying they didn't even bring it to my attention. I usually just service my car every 12 months and just assumed Honda would be the same and anything that needed doing then would get done once rather than taking the car back the garage several times in between...
Yes, it is more than annoying they didn't change it or tell you that it was time for a change. And that for a Honda garage... It would be my last visit to them!

Like @auntyneddy we have an iShift and last year i bought all the Honda fluids and filters online from Cox in the UK (much cheaper than here in the Netherlands). My brother in law, who owns an independent garage, did the service.

I would like auntyneddy said find a local garage you trust and let them do the job from now on.
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 01:11:17 PM »
When I had my Volvo, the only time I have had air conditioning, I ran with it on constantly, summer and winter. It keeps the air in the car nice and dry and early experiments, using or not using it, made no appreciable difference to my mpg.
New Members / Re: First Jazz
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 01:07:43 PM »
Welcome. I hope you like the Jazz. It is always a blow when the dreaded rust takes its toll. The same thing happened with my Volvo (though I am pleased to see that the guy who bought it had the skills or the contacts to repair it and it has passed its MOT and is still going strong). Like you, everything else was in tip top condition, probably the reason someone saved it from the crusher.
« Last post by edam on Today at 01:01:01 PM »
It looks like a 5 sec. burst of Air Con. removes the heat when using the cold setting.
Why this short burst of A/C is so effective makes me wonder if there is a build up of heat in the A/C which disperses when the A/C starts up.
I will leave it till the next service to be checked unless it gets worse
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
anything