Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Reliability.
« Last post by Jocko on February 21, 2018, 06:26:18 PM »
« Last post by Jocko on February 21, 2018, 06:18:53 PM »
They appear to have a few plants in the States.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Honda_assembly_plants
But none building the Jazz/Fit. Must get them from China.
« Last post by sparky Paul on February 21, 2018, 05:24:19 PM »
I know Honda have a good reputation here, but I wonder how the US cars' reliability relates to the Japan/China/Swindon built cars?

In fact, where are the US-spec cars built?
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Honest Answers Required - Is the Mk3 better than the Mk2?
« Last post by peteo48 on February 21, 2018, 05:10:25 PM »
Well I now have a Mk3 - 10 months old, SE spec with a CVT gearbox. 26 miles back from the dealers so able to do a very quick comparison with my Mk2 which I drove to be part exchanged.

These things are always subjective but I think the Mk3 feels just that bit more refined. One thing I did enjoy was the fact that, at 70, whereas my Mk2 Manual would be doing 3,500 rpm (give or take), the new car was doing just over 2,000. I guess, in a manual, the 6th gear on the Mk3 will also result in a more relaxed cruise.

Once I've cut my left leg off and stopped groping for a gear stick I'll be fine!
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Climate Control
« Last post by Pine on February 21, 2018, 05:09:38 PM »
I leave my CC set to 20 and have it continuously on the lowest fan speed. I find that continuous ventilation is needed to prevent window misting.  However on the lowest fan speed it never really warms the cabin but I keep it low as I donít want to suck in the traffic fumes.  A friend who I often give a lift to keeps telling me to put it on fully auto and let the fan do its own thing, the pollen filter will clean the air. I thought the pollen filter only removed dust and pollen.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: I-SHIFT failure
« Last post by 123Drive! on February 21, 2018, 05:05:06 PM »
Yes definitely if the "free" warranty runs out then might as well use the money for extended warranty on maintance. If the car is serviced according to the book, then it should be reliable. Even if you encounter a problem like mine, £320.should fix the i-Shift actuator.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Auto idle stop on CVT, neutral and other issues.
« Last post by ColinS on February 21, 2018, 04:49:31 PM »
You shouldn't get paranoid about this.  I know I said it dazzles me at times, but not all cars do and it is generally only at  night that I have a problem.

At the end of the day, you drive the car within it's own parameters and if that means the brake lights are on then so be it.

Life is too short to worry about things like this. Just enjoy your new car.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Reliability.
« Last post by Jocko on February 21, 2018, 04:48:10 PM »
Given a link to this US site on another forum. Worth a look.
https://www.truedelta.com/
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Auto idle stop on CVT, neutral and other issues.
« Last post by peteo48 on February 21, 2018, 04:42:07 PM »
Got the new car home. Very pleased so far but, as with everything you buy these days, added complexity. Checked out the manual and the only way the auto idle stop system works on a Honda CVT is by keeping the footbrake pressed. If you want the auto idle stop to work there is no alternative. It is in the manual in black and white. There is not a mention of any duty of care to drivers queuing up behind you.

On the way to the dealers, I decided I would check out vehicles at lights. Best example, a CRV at a light in Stockton Heath just outside Warrington. Almost certainly an automatic because his lights were on until the traffic light changed. In all honesty I can't say I felt in the least bit uncomfortable with this but it was daylight. More annoying was a Nissan Micra later on at lights who kept putting her brake on and off - much more annoying.

I live in Warrington which has several swing bridges and these cause lengthy delays. Not only that you don't want to keep your foot on the brake for, say, 10 minutes in any event. Dealer suggests putting it in Park, engine off, and restart as normal so that is what I'll do.

Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Wind powered ferry.
« Last post by Jocko on February 21, 2018, 04:40:47 PM »
The Scottish government Tidal Wave Energy Saltire Prize has not been won, probably due to the very high criteria.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-42832168
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
anything