Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Would the Mk3 benefit from premium petrol?
« Last post by jazzway on Today at 07:38:12 PM »
Owners of classic vehicles including motorbikes have to be very careful not to put fuel containing ethanol into their tanks as it can cause seal failure and corrosion in fuel system - I saw a classic motorbike website a while ago with a list of fuels that did not contain ethanol.
Exactly! When Belgium started with the 10% ethanol last year, there was a letter hanging at every fuel pump at Shell to use V-Power for classic cars etc because that contains no ethanol.
« Last post by culzean on Today at 07:31:33 PM »
Owners of classic vehicles including motorbikes have to be very careful not to put fuel containing ethanol into their tanks as it can cause seal failure and corrosion in fuel system - I saw a classic motorbike website a while ago with a list of fuels that did not contain ethanol. 

This is not the original website I saw,  which had a list of 'safe fuels' but it is another twist on the problem.

http://armchairbiker.com/ethanol-in-petrol-what-classic-bikers-need-to-know/
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Would the Mk3 benefit from premium petrol?
« Last post by jazzway on Today at 07:27:55 PM »
Rainforest should stay rainforest, and land already in use should be used for food and not ‘bio fuel’! Our planet is misused in many ways, bio ethanol is (imo) one of them.

All fuel sold in the UK must contain a minimum of 5% bio fuel (usually Ethanol), so we have no option.
In the Netherlands too. But exceptions are special fuels like V-Power, BP Ultimate, Firezone Competition 102 and maybe others.

E10 (10% ethanol) is in use in many countries, no doubt it will arrive here in due course.
In Belgium the minimum is 10%, again with exceptions for special fuels.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: ****WARNING***
« Last post by culzean on Today at 07:21:11 PM »
Don't be tempted to register with the reliability website I posted, reliabilityindex.com. I did, and I have been inundated with US Spam, every day since.  >:(

So the website is not very reliable ?  bad luck really,  it is easy to get caught out - I have Norton internet security and it puts green flags on websites with 'proper certificates' (whatever that means) and warns against others,  will check the website see if its green or not,  but they are not getting my email. 

Just checked site and it got a green OK from Norton - but what do they know ?

who can you report dodgy websites like that to ?  Google ?
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: What's wrong with the i-Shift gearbox?
« Last post by jazzway on Today at 07:02:35 PM »
We bought our i-Shift a little more than 2 years ago.
- Is there something wrong with it? No.
- Do we regret we bought it? No.

It is like Geoff says, it is so easy to drive in auto, but also in manual. ;)

Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: New Honda Jazz. November 2017
« Last post by Dayjo on Today at 06:55:37 PM »
I will post further updates etc in the thread started by Dayjo.

That makes sense.

Even though, I'm not having one......  :(
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: New Honda Jazz. November 2017
« Last post by Dayjo on Today at 06:41:29 PM »
As usual, loads of opinions, but no one answered the question !!!

The answer to your question. Was, no.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Fuel additives
« Last post by olduser1 on Today at 06:20:53 PM »
Redex seems to work when customers use it prior to MOT + Italien Tune up run along the M way
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: ****WARNING***
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 05:50:42 PM »

Extortion through technology is a whole industry now.  I absolutely deplore it and have seen so many people caught by it.  I would even go as far as saying it upsets be more than brake lights in traffic queues!

:P :P
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 05:47:44 PM »
For me it is simple. I don’t like ethanol in petrol! The Shell V-Power (98) i fill the tank with contains no ethanol. I get a little more noticeable MPG, some more power, but most important: NO ethanol.
All fuel sold in the UK must contain a minimum of 5% bio fuel (usually Ethanol), so we have no option.

E10 (10% ethanol) is in use in many countries, no doubt it will arrive here in due course.

yeah,  lets burn down even more rainforest to plant sugar cane to use for vehicle fuel - another great great idea by clueless   legislators / politicians -   with thousands of square miles of rainforest on fire it makes a mockery of worrying about climate change.

Whilst I don't always see eye to eye with you on climate change I think you make a very valid point here. Never seen the logic of using food in cars!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10