Author Topic: Front Jacking point  (Read 12909 times)

guest1143

Front Jacking point
« on: May 30, 2010, 06:29:06 PM »
Honda state that the jacking point for trolley jacks at the front of the Jazz (2003) is the centre of the front cross-member, just behind the bumper.  As far as I can see, it would be necessary to remove the front under-tray before jacking up at this point.  Could someone confirm this, please?  There is vitually no clearance to insert a trolley jack further back under the front sub-frame so that the car can be supported on stands.

guest1428

• Topic Starter
Re: Front Jacking point
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 03:15:09 AM »
The Haynes manual says "using the front centre pad on the radiator crossmember (just behind the front bumper) as a support point". Theres is no picture  :(

It also says "if care is taken, most places on the front subframe make an acceptable support point"

Hope that helps

fisherman

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 07:44:51 AM »
I would say use the side jack points and then use axel stands, the former sounds a bit too close to "breakable bits"

guest806

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 08:13:52 AM »
I too have had problems finding this.  The way i do it now is to come in from hind the front wheels and use the joint on the suspension arms.  I think Haynes state this is also a point to jack from.  If putting the car up on axles stands i work from side to side increasing the height to the required level.

::)

guest869

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 09:48:53 PM »
I understood the front jacking point to be under the main bolt in crossmember that the lower suspension arms bolt to.  This is what I always use.

See the diagram in the Honda workshop manual.............

http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual/A00/HTML/00/SAA2E000000000K0041BAAT00.HTML

Tags: