Author Topic: Jazz Hybrid used small car test  (Read 7903 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Jazz Hybrid used small car test
« on: February 26, 2017, 06:52:22 PM »
What Car used test - Jazz Hybrid takes on Fiat 500, Mini One and VW Polo:

http://www.whatcar.com/news/used-test-fiat-500-vs-honda-jazz-vs-mini-one-vs-volkswagen-polo/
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 06:54:10 PM by RichardA »

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Jazz Hybrid used small car test
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 07:07:10 PM »
I would never have guessed German cars would be voted the best - what a surprise.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 08:03:24 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 09:29:11 AM »
"But the Honda’s is the least fashionable shape of the lot, and neither is its badge exactly hip and happening."

Ahh the sign of a muppet writing..

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 11:11:23 AM »
People have to learn the hard way which cars are 'fashionably shaped' gimmicky, unreliable money pits and which are maybe not 'hip and happening' but are reliable and a pragmatic choice because they adapt well to differing needs.

My mechanic mate calls Minis and Fiat 500 type cars 'handbag cars' (maybe because there is only room for the driver and her handbag ? or because women seem to buy them as a fashion accessory).
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

JohnAlways

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.2i-VTEC S (AC) 2013
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 01:04:20 PM »
Just read the report and the hybrid was chosen to represent Honda. Two of the downsides expensive (well it's a hybrid), hard to find (well it's a hybrid so there are limited numbers as most Honda owners are happy to keep them)!

It strikes me that in the UK Honda Jazz owners are people that have tried the rest and now want want to stick with what they have discovered as the best! The jazz isn't perfect but to get to your destination it nearly is! Mainly older drivers because we have become more discerning and less interested in how "Kewl" the car looks! Even the report has to acknowledge the reliability of the model. (I washed mine Sunday and it's lovely and shiny again!).

Unfortunately these reviewers drive a car for a couple of hours and believe they are experts and sadly their reviews much influence so many people. From the words in the review about "Space", Reliability" and "cabin controls", noise I know has been mentioned though I don't find an issue with it i'm just astonished the Jazz came behind a Fiat! I had a Fiat as a loan car from a Nissan dealer when my Note was being serviced... I have never driven anything so bad in my life and I have had some dogs in the past. Performance was appalling as was space. I swore then I would never drive one again and I haven't and now  it comes out rated higher than the Jazz. Sorry the world is now officially BONKERS!  >:(

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2010 — 1.4 iShift Elegance — Storm Silver — GG3 L13Z2 3rd gen.
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 02:45:49 PM »
Follow the money! Volkswagen group is in the top 5 of the world's largest advertisers with $6.6 billion in 2015. This is all brands, not car brands only.
Their marketing division makes them great, not the car. Whatcar? is FULL with award winning cars from VW group... this smells like money.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 03:40:00 PM »
I have my doubts about whether someone actually drove four 5 year old cars with similar mileage in quick succession in order to make a proper comparison or just dug out material from the original reviews. The Jazz photos in the review are for a 60 reg vehicle which makes it extremely rare as the hybrid Jazz was officially released with the 11 reg.

There must be an underlying reason why the Jazz (and Honda vehicles in general) doesn't depreciate as fast as the alternatives. Logic dictates that if reviews such as this are correct and the Jazz isn't a good buy then the price should come down until demand matches supply.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 07:05:02 PM »
I have my doubts about whether someone actually drove four 5 year old cars with similar mileage in quick succession in order to make a proper comparison or just dug out material from the original reviews.

What are you saying that people should not cut and paste stuff ? It's the modern thing to do,  it seems to be the lifeblood of school projects and journalists these days,  they were encouraged by Alastair Campbell and Tony B Liar who put their dodgy Iraqi weapons of mass destruction dossier together almost exclusively by cutting and pasting stuff from the internet. With such illustrious role models it's no wonder people are happy to do it.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 07:09:10 PM by culzean »

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 07:25:08 PM »
What are you saying that people should not cut and paste stuff ? It's the modern thing to do,  it seems to be the lifeblood of school projects and journalists these days,  they were encouraged by Alastair Campbell and Tony B Liar who put their dodgy Iraqi weapons of mass destruction dossier together almost exclusively by cutting and pasting stuff from the internet. With such illustrious role models it's no wonder people are happy to do it.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 09:21:16 PM »
I, for one, would take account of what has been written before but try to add some value using some new research such as by driving 5 year old versions of those vehicles. The best used small cars in the 2016 Which? survey were: (i) Jazz hybrid; (ii) Mk 2 Jazz; (iii) Mini Coupe; (iv) Mini; (v) Mazda 2; (vi) Toyota Yaris. That Polo and Fiat don't get a mention. The Polo is half way down the new car list and flagged up because of the emissions scandal. Perhaps if the diesel Polo gets fixed to keep within the emisions limits during real world driving then the mpg won't look so good.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags: reviews 

anything