Author Topic: Accident repair advice requested  (Read 2511 times)

Beaver

• Approved Member
Accident repair advice requested
« on: June 28, 2017, 10:00:57 PM »
I know this would make more sense with photographs to illustrate, but for now, it's just an information request.

I've been hit on the rear right side of my 2012 model Jazz, just forward of the light cluster.   Damage is limited to the metal between the light cluster and the rear door, and the corner of the rear bumper has been dented.   The depressions on the metal should pull out quite reasonably and the bumper will pop out with some heat and persuasion.   There is a crease and fold in the metal panel about 1" away from the light cluster which ideally, needs to be beaten out and perhaps filled.

I'm not going through my insurers for the repair - the car is 5.5 years old.   I'm confident that I can repair it to a state that I'm happy with.   My question is for information regarding what I'll find behind the outer metal skin of the car when I remove the bumper, interior trim panels, the light cluster and maybe the wheel arch liners.

Does the Jazz have an inner skin of metal, or am I likely to have access for a dolly directly to the reverse side of the outer skin?

Advice welcomed.

guest1372

Re: Accident repair advice requested
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 11:27:53 AM »
The Chips Away / smart repair types are quite good at this sort of thing where it's just push, pull, hit and fill.

The arch liner trim comes off very easily, plus you can remove the boot liner panel to see the outer skin through the inner framework's many access holes.  Paint and sheen are an art where initial optimism rarely meets final results, so maybe best left to professionals.

Good luck.
--
TG

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 03:53:41 PM »
I have just had a minor repair done to my Jazz, at my house, by a firm called 'Auto Restore'.
autorestore.co.uk
I was very pleased with the result and the colour matching was excellent.
The 'before' image should be rotated 90degress to the left. It is the left front wing.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 03:56:43 PM by VicW »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 04:04:08 PM »
A great job. I'll keep their site on my favourites. They cover my area.

Tags:

anything