Author Topic: Typical BBC.  (Read 3067 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Typical BBC.
« on: March 05, 2018, 06:54:56 AM »
On day when huge swathes of London are without water, Wiggo and Team Sky are embroiled in another doping scandal and Italy moves closer to s fascist government, the BBC spends half its morning news on the Oscars. Who won what, who said what, who wore what. Immaterial sh!te. Switzerland had a referendum, over the weekend, to vote as to whether to do away with their TV licence. They voted No. I wish we could have a similar vote. I would happily withdraw taxpayers money from the BBC.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Re: Typical BBC.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 08:01:56 AM »
Lovvies love lovvies.

No surprise there.Been the same since time immemorial.

guest5079

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 09:03:11 AM »
My Wife's late Uncles owned a small film studio in Greenwich. On occasion I would go and help them. One day, I was reduced to being a spectator.
Well, talk about up themselves and these were only the bottom of the ladder types.
A favourite of one of the Uncles, the joker ( three brothers ran it) was when a certain production company was booked in was to replace the toilet paper with coarse grade sand paper. Being naive I asked why. Because they blo*dy nick the good stuff. Late Father in Law worked at Shepperton Studios, tales he told were a many!!!!!!!!!!!
I was told that I was to work a rest day and keep order for the filming of Mapp and Lucia, I refused after previous experience of doing such duty. While some in this industry are reasonable I am afraid they appear to live in a completely different world to a normal human being.
The problem is we the public ( not me the miserable ol git) subscribe to this perceived attitude that actors are so important. Perhaps it's because many are height challenged that they have this attitude of self importance. It used to be called small mans syndrome.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 10:19:05 AM »
On day when huge swathes of London are without water, Wiggo and Team Sky are embroiled in another doping scandal and Italy moves closer to s fascist government, the BBC spends half its morning news on the Oscars. Who won what, who said what, who wore what. Immaterial sh!te. Switzerland had a referendum, over the weekend, to vote as to whether to do away with their TV licence. They voted No. I wish we could have a similar vote. I would happily withdraw taxpayers money from the BBC.

You will never hear anything bad about or bad for the EU pass the lips of anyone working for the Biased Broadcasting Corporation (also known as Brexit Bashing Corporation).  I used to be a listener / viewer of BBC news until I detected their obvious bias on things they were reporting.  The only decent commentator / interviewer they have is Andrew Neil who pins people with questions like a butterfly collector pins his specimens to a board, unfortunately Neil seems to be appearing less and less on Daily Politics and has been replaced by Jo Coburn,  who never seems to ask the difficult questions.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 11:08:53 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest1372

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 10:33:59 AM »
Immaterial sh!te
The ad supported GMB and Sky News won't have been any better, at least on Breakfast you got Steff talking about apprenticeships for a bit. There's always C4 7pm or Newsnight, but listening rather than watching leads to better news I feel _ Wake up to money, Today & PM are all BBC yet offer a pretty good program. Download on iPlayer Radio to play in the car then you can skip bits as you wish.

Sure beats the print/online media with regards to impartially.
--
TG

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 11:11:25 AM »
Seems there are those who confuse escapism with entertainment. It has now reached epic proportions to the extent that Hollywood and the 'media' appear to be setting the agenda for the US of A. Even more worrying, it appears to be really catching on in the UK and we now face the whitty scenario envisaged by Oscar Wilde of 'life immitating art'. Soaps seem to be the benchmark in behaviour these days. As for the BBC, I would cancel my subscription tomorrow if it were not for the odd documentary and the rugby, that is, when they deign to stretch the budget to sharing the Six Nations coverage with ITV, which of course is free. Nuts.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 11:31:50 AM by MartinJG »

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 03:04:28 PM »
Download on iPlayer Radio to play in the car then you can skip bits as you wish.
What? I have a Mk 1 Jazz. Not a lot of point with the radio in that. By the time the valves warm up I am halfway through my morning commute!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 11:22:38 AM »
BBC comes out of the closet and reveals its true political leanings - obviously fed up of older people giving the panel a hard time it decides to restrict the demographics of its audience   -- https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/929246/bbc-question-time-david-dimbleby-audience-livid-snowflake-audience.

If BBC was a gearbox it would not have a neutral position...
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest1372

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 12:04:08 PM »
The above post says more about the assumptions/bias of the poster and newspaper than it does about the BBC.
--
TG

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018, 12:25:06 PM »
BBC comes out of the closet and reveals its true political leanings - obviously fed up of older people giving the panel a hard time it decides to restrict the demographics of its audience

Why is this suddenly a story? Question Time regularly runs a 'young voters' edition, don't they have one every series? They have also had selective audiences from other demographics in the past.

I am more concerned about their apparent inability to weed out applicants for the audience who are active elected members of political parties, and in some cases give them more chance to speak than anyone else. I watched a very memorable one last year where one Eric Holford got to ask not only the first question on the show, but two further questions in the same programme, I've never seen that before. He turned out to be a serving councillor.

An actual elected member of any of the parties being allowed to sit in the audience on Question Time undermines the whole point of the programme, and seriously jeopardises any integrity it has (which nowadays, is not very much). This is happening time and again, it's becoming a standing joke on social media - "Spot the plant".  If they are being given the opportunity to ask questions by pure chance, then there must be plenty of them!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 12:28:51 PM by sparky Paul »

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018, 03:51:15 PM »
Noticed this last night as well.
It's becoming too obvious.
Also noticed last night Fox and Dimbleby  talking over the Labour panelist.
Then Fox continued to speak uninterrupted by Dimbleby.

guest1372

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2018, 05:01:11 PM »
Everyone in the QT audience is selected after completing a survey in order create a spread of opinion and allegiance.  You submit one question in advance and submit a second topical one on arrival, obscure or personal q's are rejected as it has to be something covered by mainstream media. The producers speak to each person prior to selection to get an idea of whether you are able to articulate your questions. The selected questioners are briefed and identified for production purposes while the warm up debate takes place with random audience members siting as the panel. The whole thing is done in one take with no editing. I've been, although many years ago.
--
TG

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2018, 05:58:26 PM »
Everyone in the QT audience is selected after completing a survey in order create a spread of opinion and allegiance.  You submit one question in advance and submit a second topical one on arrival, obscure or personal q's are rejected as it has to be something covered by mainstream media.

That's how I understood it worked, until I saw this chap get three goes on three different topics.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2018, 10:53:33 PM »
Everyone in the QT audience is selected after completing a survey in order create a spread of opinion and allegiance.  You submit one question in advance and submit a second topical one on arrival, obscure or personal q's are rejected as it has to be something covered by mainstream media. The producers speak to each person prior to selection to get an idea of whether you are able to articulate your questions. The selected questioners are briefed and identified for production purposes while the warm up debate takes place with random audience members siting as the panel. The whole thing is done in one take with no editing. I've been, although many years ago.
--
TG

100% accurate. I was in the audience in 2016 from Bradford and got to ask my question. The question I submitted on the night was edited for clarity and brevity and then printed out for me to read out exactly as written.

Everyone in the audience can then join in the debate and ask questions but only when selected by the Dimbleby. If someone got three goes then maybe there wasn’t too many other people with their hands up.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2018, 09:59:23 AM »
--
TG

100% accurate. I was in the audience in 2016 from Bradford and got to ask my question. The question I submitted on the night was edited for clarity and brevity and then printed out for me to read out exactly as written.

Everyone in the audience can then join in the debate and ask questions but only when selected by the Dimbleby. If someone got three goes then maybe there wasn’t too many other people with their hands up.

Of course the questions have to be approved and just like prime ministers question time in the commons the BBC panelists /  prime minister are aware of which questions will be asked and have time to prepare - we don't want any surprises do we  :o

Tags:

anything