Author Topic: Carparts4less.co.uk - totally Useless!  (Read 2252 times)

guest6436

Carparts4less.co.uk - totally Useless!
« on: April 02, 2018, 06:08:56 PM »
Would like to warn people of this website, I have used it a few times before to order some stuff, all was well until you hit a problem..

On 12.March Ordered some engine oil/filter/bulbs, few days later filter/bulbs arrived in small box, no sign of oil , not even marked in order sheet as dispatched, waited a few days in case it will come ,no sign of it.

-Got on a chat , It took 80 minutes to get on it,I guess they are so cheap that they only have few support people so they don't want that you contact them.. I do not have other 80-100minutes to wait in line on some chat!
-The support told that this this will be sorted  and they will send me an email... Got no actual reply!
-Fired some email , no reply.
-Tried calling them, same story as chat- it's impossible to get on the phone as they don't want you to contact them!
-2 More emails, still no1 has replied.

So.. 21days later I still got no order, They don't bother even replying people, it's impossible to contact them and I can't even chargeback as I paid through card not paypal and I do not have the time or wish to involve my bank for the sake of a tub of an engine oil!

Long story short- AVOID them if you are planing to order something significant and think are going to need a support of any kind- as you will never receive it!
Order ref: 121-00000269489

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: Carparts4less.co.uk - totally Useless!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 09:35:03 PM »
Used this website many times, never had a problem.

They are part of euro car parts.

kevinivtec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ivtec ex i shift auto
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 11:45:21 PM »
Have to speak as I find with this company yes they are the same as Eurocar parts always having some sort of sale on  but had an interesting experience with them I ordered front and back discs (pagid) front and back pads (pagid) from them on their 18% discount day three days later front discs and pads arrived by DHL All fine!! but no rear discs and pads, rang them had no problem to get to speak to an operator she promised me they would be with me the next day special delivery , Next day DHL Delivered all ok !!! three days later my credit card was credited with the value of the rear discs and pads???? I rang them got through no problem explained being honest regarding the credit they had given me, the operator said her paperwork said it had been returned to their warehouse and  to forget it as they were no longer interested as it would be too much paperwork I said I just wanted to be honest, Three weeks later I ordered front and rear Bosch windscreen wipers from them they arrived on time and charged me a total of £2.00 on my credit card, again I rang and I was told just forget it and put it down to an admin error???? I then asked if they sold cars??
chaotic administration but if you are upfront and honest with them what more can you do???? would still use them again in the future regardless of their mess up!!!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 08:23:04 PM by RichardA »

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 04:51:14 AM »
Never had a problem with the company.
Your credit card company will refund you if you contact them.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 07:37:15 AM »
I can't even chargeback as I paid through card not paypal and I do not have the time or wish to involve my bank for the sake of a tub of an engine oil!

Just to avoid confusion and potentially misdirecting other people:
- If you paid directly to the merchant by credit card and the purchase value is >£100, you have Section 75 protection. See https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/PayPal-Section75
- If you paid directly to the merchant by debit card then Section 75 does not apply and you need to use chargeback process. There’s no minimum value. The difference is that this is a service provided by the card company rather than a legal right. See: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback
- If you paid indirectly to the merchant, eg via PayPal or Amazon, then Section 75 doesn’t apply but those intermediaries will have their own compensation procedures which may or may not involve chargeback.

So it’s better to use a credit card directly with a retailer for a significant purchase because that gives you legal protection that you don’t get by any other route. Whatever process is appropriate for you, it shouldn’t be onerous or time-consuming, personally I think it’s worth doing if only to drive home to the vendor that there are consequences for them if they treat customers like that.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 10:12:43 AM »
I tend to use Paypal for low value orders from anywhere that's a bit suspect, as non-delivery is easier to sort out. If they have no proof of delivery, then refund is straightforward.

To be honest, I've used both CP4L and ECP and never had a problem, but I have heard from many quarters that CP4L customer service is diabolical, and to get anywhere you have to ring them.

CP4L are internet only, the good thing about ECP is that you can go to your nearest ECP and get the stuff in your hand.

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 10:15:09 AM »
Back last year after an altercation with a Big Green Machine ( Tuffnells parcels) Lorry in a Cornish lane I scuffed the skull cover and cracked the mirror glass. After a search on Email bought a skull cover for under £20 and also a new glass complete with carrier which came from Carparts4Less. The glass and carrier would not fit the Jazz mirror. As I travel to Truro regularly I decided to go to Craparts4Less at Redruth. After some discussion, they could not explain why the mirror was wrong. After I showed them the exploded diagram of the mirror, they accepted their info was incorrect. They swopped the mirror part for a glass and and a heated pad. Unfortunately due to clumsiness I cut across the filament so it was no use ( not their fault). The mirror glass was a pig to fit as the carrier is tough plastic, I suppose I could have gone down the stick on type of glass. Although they supplied a part that did not fit they were helpful and standing in their warehouse they clearly stock an awful lot. All the boxes however were marked made in China, which may explain the problem.

Tags: